116TH FABLE: ENGLISH

"The Thrifty Panda"

Once upon a time, in the heart of a lush bamboo forest, there lived a wise and thrifty panda named Pangolin. Pangolin was known throughout the animal kingdom for his exceptional ability to save and wisely manage his resources. While other animals reveled in the abundance of nature, Pangolin understood the importance of thriftiness and conservation.

One day, as Pangolin explored the forest, he came across a group of animals squandering their food and materials without a second thought. The squirrels were feasting on nuts they couldn't finish, the birds were building extravagant nests with excessive twigs, and the rabbits were hopping carelessly through fields of untouched vegetables. Pangolin observed this wasteful behavior with concern.

Filled with a desire to teach the value of thriftiness, Pangolin decided to gather the animals for a meeting. Word quickly spread throughout the forest, and soon all the creatures, big and small, assembled under the shade of a towering oak tree.

"My dear friends," Pangolin began, "I have noticed a pattern of waste among us. We are blessed with abundant resources, yet we often take them for granted. We must learn to be thrifty and use our resources wisely. By doing so, we can not only ensure our own well-being but also preserve the harmony of our forest."

Curiosity and interest sparkled in the eyes of the animals as they listened to Pangolin's words. They realized the truth in his wisdom and eagerly awaited his guidance.

Pangolin continued, "Let us all strive to be like the thrifty panda, valuing each morsel of food and making use of what we have. We shall conserve our resources, reducing waste and living in harmony with nature. By practicing thriftiness, we will be prepared for times of scarcity and be able to lend a helping paw to those in need."

Inspired by Pangolin's message, the animals vowed to change their ways. They started conserving food, using only what they needed, and finding creative ways to repurpose materials. The birds built cozy nests with just the right amount of twigs, and the rabbits shared their vegetables with those who had none.

As time passed, the forest transformed into a haven of balance and sustainability. The animals grew stronger and healthier, and the forest flourished with abundant flora and fauna. Pangolin's lessons of thriftiness and resourcefulness had a profound impact, and his fable spread far beyond the boundaries of their forest home.

From that day forward, the wise and thrifty panda, Pangolin, became a symbol of wisdom and stewardship in the animal kingdom. His fable was passed down from generation to generation, reminding all creatures of the importance of thriftiness and responsible resource management. And so, the legend of the thrifty panda lived on, inspiring animals across the land to embrace thriftiness, conserve their resources, and cherish the bountiful gifts of nature.