101TH FABLE: ENGLISH

"The Raven and the Eagle"

Once upon a time, in the vast sky, there lived a proud and confident Raven and a mighty Eagle. The Raven had always believed that he was more intelligent and skilled than any other bird, including the Eagle, who was renowned for its strength and majestic presence.

One day, as they were perched atop a towering tree, the Raven decided to challenge the Eagle to a contest of flying skills. "Dear Eagle," the Raven said with a sly smile, "I propose a race through the heavens to determine once and for all who is truly superior."

The Eagle, wise and composed, responded, "Very well, Raven. Let us embark on this race. But remember, true superiority lies not only in flight but also in one's character."

The race began with a mighty flap of the Eagle's wings. It soared gracefully through the sky, effortlessly gliding on the air currents. The Raven, fueled by his arrogance, flapped furiously, desperately trying to keep up with the majestic Eagle.

As they flew higher and higher, the Raven's attitude started to waver. The higher they climbed, the thinner the air became, making it more challenging for the Raven to maintain his pace. Frustration crept into the Raven's heart as he realized his limitations.

In contrast, the Eagle remained calm and focused. It soared with grace, navigating through the currents with ease. Sensing the Raven's struggles, the Eagle slowed its pace, allowing the Raven to catch up.

Breathless and humbled, the Raven finally reached the side of the Eagle. Surprised by the Eagle's graciousness, the Raven admitted, "Eagle, you have shown me great kindness and taught me a valuable lesson today. True greatness lies not in boasting or attitude, but in humility and the ability to learn from others."

The Eagle nodded, acknowledging the Raven's newfound wisdom. "Indeed, Raven. Our strengths may differ, but in the vastness of the sky, we can all find our place. Remember, it is the combination of our unique qualities and our willingness to respect and learn from one another that brings true greatness."

From that day forward, the Raven and the Eagle became great friends, each appreciating the other's strengths and embracing their own. And together, they soared through the sky, sharing their wisdom and reminding all the birds that true superiority lies not in attitude alone, but in the harmony and unity of their collective abilities.