ceasefire - lost chapter

Comenzar desde el principio

What little humanity they left behind, it kept him sane.

When will this hellish labyrinth end?

Finally some light illuminated from the distance. Relief somewhat washes over his body.

He shouldn't be too complacent, it wasn't the first time he has encountered this.

He had familiarised the outlines of the cave; the curves and pathways it could lead people. The deadways and pits that could end someone's life.

He could get out easily, the problem is the environment outside that he barely adjusted to being in the dark and clammy solitude..

..and Dream.

The thought of his name made stumble his steps, almost retching at the idea of him being here, waiting for him to go outside.

What could happen?

He'd knock him out by a weapon's handle?

Predator and prey game?

Does anyone even know about that game?

Hah.

Tommy got lucky, not too lucky that day.

That time he could actually still run, jump, and feel the fresh emotion such as fear.

He ran when Dream wasn't looking, he ran when Dream pulled up a bow and arrow at him.

He has always wondered how'd he have such a good aim despite the snow and fog this wretched arctic brings.

The howling of the winds refrained everyone from hearing his screams, his pleads of help as he kept running, an arrow on his leg, an arrow on his shoulder.

In a panic state he tried to find where Dream could be, at the same time, finding his way out of the freezing mist.

He must be saying something, he could hear his murmurs, but the gales were louder than he was.

Tommy yelped and pressed his lips shut as an arrow stuck out his side as he held it down with his wounded arm.

It'd be foolish to take them off now, he knew well he'd bleed to death that way.

With all his might, he kept going, slower than before, desperate to find a familiar light; a hope..a beacon of purple and red.

It could be anywhere, if he could see better maybe he'd find it.

An arrow flew past and if he had been slower, it could have stabbed his back.

He clicked his tongue and bolted, trying not to feel the discomfort of his leg impaled, blood squirting out everytime he jogged.

Luck. It must be luck.

That everything began to turn dark, and the stars began to rise and dance on the oceanic skies. This would help him better where the light is, and so it did.

From afar to his left, he could see that beam..and he could almost cry.

He could remember almost shedding tears, that foolish belief that he could actually get out from Dream's hands, oh god how complacent was he?

One step forward towards the light, the arrow went through his eye.

The force was enough to bring him down, his hands giving up to put pressure on his wounds, his mouth gaping wide, so was the eye that was left of him.

It hurt, it hurt like hell, but he couldn't begin to scream.

Shock replaced the excruciating pain.