Parents

~ A week later ~

“…but why, mama?!!! Mingxing jiejie, Yun gege and I, we all have completed our punishments long ago! Why can we still not go outside to play?!” Wei XiWang exclaimed, pouting exasperatedly, “I can control my teleportation ability very well now! I promise I won’t teleport us to any dangerous place this time!

Please, mama…. I’m so bored! We have already wasted a whole week in Library Pavilion, doing nothing!

You told us to complete our punishment and that you were going to talk to Baba but… both of you didn’t come out of Jingshi until today!

And finally, when I thought you came to Library Pavilion to take us outside and play, you’re again so busy reading that ancient book since morning! It’s been over six hours, mama!

Mammaaa! What are you reading for these past few months that you don’t even have time for me?! Your own baby?!” she grumbled, upset and angry, plopping back on her seat, “I think…you love those ancient strange books more than your children now!”

“Even I want to know what book can interest so much, mama. Baba told us, you were never fond of reading and studying. You’ve always been a quick learner and a genius but never really liked to study in a confined place with defined sets of rules.

Even when you were young and came here to attend the guest lectures, you had a hard time staying still during the classes and always tried to play some tricks to keep yourself entertained.

Then now, after such a long time, what caught your attention so much that you’ve been constantly visiting and spending most of your time in the Library Pavilion?” Lan Mingxing asked, playfully trying to peek into the ancient book that Wei Ying had been reading with extreme concentration for hours.

unh unhn, No, my dear AXing! That’s bad manners, my sweet daughter!” Wei Ying said snapping the book close and finally looking at the bored, sulking faces of his children, especially the silent Lan Yun, who looked like he could make all the birds in and around Cloud Recesses choke in the air and toads drown in water, just by showing his miserable face.

“All right, children! My sweet and lovely babies, stop sulking now because your mama has got an exciting news for all of you today.” Wei Ying announced, voice filled with happiness and exuberance, watching the sudden interest and curiosity visible oh so clearly in his little AQing, AXing and AYun’s bright eyes.

“What kind of exciting news, mama? Are we joining you in some other adventure night hunt, just like the last time?” AYun asked, genuinely interested, looking into Wei Ying’s bright silver eyes, expectantly

“…uhahha! No!” Wei Ying laughed embarrassedly before saying, “It’s something even bigger than an adventure night hunt, Little rabbit. WE ARE GOING TO ANOTHER DIMENSION!” Wei Ying exclaimed, exuberantly

“…”

“…”

“…?!”

“Hey! What?! What’s with that look of utter disbelief and disappointment on your faces, children? Don’t you… do you all not want to go there with me, anymore?” Wei Ying asked weakly in a voice full of uncertainty and sadness, looking away from his children, “I really thought you liked the idea of travelling to another dimension and meeting your other family just like me.”

“Of course, we like it, mamma! Why would you even think like that?!” Wei XiWang and Lan Mingxing said, hugging Wei Ying tightly between their arms, “It’s just that Baba and Yuan gege never agreed to this idea before and…we don’t think they’ll agree to go there even this time, mamma,” Lan Mingxing said, patting Wei Ying’s back, gently and lovingly