Meeting You

Lan Wangji stood frozen.

And it wasn't just him.

When Lan Sizhui went to inform Lan Wangji about the sudden appearance of two unknown same-looking individuals in the cold pond, Lan Jingyi went to inform Sect Leader Lan, Lan Xichen and Grandmaster Lan Qiren. After hearing the news, they all made their way to the infirmary only to receive the shock of their life.

There, on the two beds lay those unconscious and exactly same-looking individuals except for the style of their red and black clothing, separately. But what was more shocking was that they looked exactly like the infamous Yiling Patriarch, Wei Wuxian who died at the age of 19, sixteen years ago.

And if that wasn't enough, the Wei Wuxian whose clothing looked otherworldly, had a small belly bump which looked exactly like that of a three-month pregnant...

"Sect Leader Lan, I don't know how this is possible but it looks like, this gongzi here is able to conceive. He...is pregnant!" Head Healer Fu informed Lan Xichen, gravely.

"And it's not just that, their condition is way too critical. As you know, they were found drowned in our cold pond but their body is burning with high fever and no matter what we do, it's not coming down.

I don't know if we can even save them. But miraculously, even after being in such a critical condition, the baby inside this gongzi's belly is growing perfectly fine. And it seems like, the baby's life force is connected to both these gongzi."

"I don't understand. Can you please explain what you mean, Healer Fu?" Lan Xichen asked, glancing at his baby brother who was too shocked to move or utter a word.

"I'm sorry Sect Leader Lan but even I can't explain what is it exactly. It's just that when we prioritized the healing of the pregnant one over that gongzi, the baby's heartbeat suddenly spiked to an abnormal rate with no apparent reason and no matter what we did, it couldn't be restored but the moment other healers started tending to that gongzi, the baby's heartbeat returned to normal. We even tested our observation a few times and the results were exactly the same."

"Healer Fu! How can you be so irresponsible as to risk the health of an unborn just to test your theories? Will you take responsibility if anything happened to that baby because of your recklessness?" Lan Qiren reprimanded, glaring at Healer Fu angrily.

"Wei Ying!" Lan Wangji finally breathed the only word his entire being yearned to say for the last sixteen years as he regained his senses and unconsciously walked towards the one wearing red and black robes who looked exactly like the Wei Ying in his memories. He didn't have to think. His soul recognised his soulmate who was lying unconscious, silently, away from the chaos of the world.

It was as if Lan Wangji's body was no longer in his control. His hands raised themselves automatically and before he could even realise what he was doing, he was cradling and holding his Wei Ying in his arms, as gently as he can and started walking towards the exit and going straight to Jingshi, with slow steady steps even when his whole body was trembling with fear, uncertainty, disbelief but above all, happiness. Untamed, unrestricted extreme happiness that terrified him, sacred him so much that even his breathing was slow and measured. Afraid that if he made even one wrong move, his Wei Ying will disappear from his arms, never to be found again.

He was so focused on carrying his Wei Ying towards Jingshi that he didn't even hear the voices of Healers, his brother, his uncle and the juniors who called him repeatedly, baffled by his actions.

"Uncle, please don't get angry with Wangji. He is too shocked to understand what he is doing right now. Even if he never said anything, we both know exactly how much he valued Wei gongzi. And since Wei gongzi's innocence has already been proven to the whole cultivation world a year ago, I expect uncle to understand Wangji and not create any scene that could be detrimental to both their health and the two life lying here," Lan Xichen said with a smile but his eyes held a clear warning as he looked at his Lan Qiren.