Revelations

"...Err Lan Zhan, Did I hear you right? Me and my child from another world?!!" Wei Ying asked, utterly dumbfounded.

"Mn"

"Lan Zhaaaan! Please, dear!!! Won't you explain a little more?! Hmm?!" Wei Ying coaxed, frowning and pouting, frustrated by his cultivation partner's one-word and one-line answers which were nowhere enough to satisfy his growing curiosity and anxiousness.

Lan Zhan took a deep breath looking at his Wei Ying's extremely distracting cute pout and answered, "They came from another world, another time, another place but still the same as ours. That world has all of us. Me, Uncle, Xiongzhang, Wens, Jiangs and more. Events happening in that world are different from ours but essentially the same"

"Wait, Lan Zhan! Are you saying that there is another world where all of us exist with the same face, same name and relation with each other? And that world has my Shijie, Wen Qing and Wen Ning...alive?"  

"Mn. But not Wei Ying's Shijie. They are different."

"...How do you know all this? Did you talk to them? And since that world's Wei Wuxian has a child, does that mean he is married? Who is his wife?"

"He told us himself when he woke up the next day of your arrival. He's married. No wife. He has a husband," Lan Zhan said looking at his Wei Ying, smugly

Wei Ying noticed that little smirk and an obvious shine in Lan Zhan's eyes and gasped, "Don't tell me! You?! I'm married to you in that world? And we even have a child?"

"Mn"

Wei Ying squealed with delight and hugged Lan Zhan, thrilled and excited with the fact that even in another world they were together, "I want to meet them, Lan er gege! I want to meet them now! 

How blessed he is to be married to you and even have a child!!

I don't know how they came here but we need to help them. Help them return to their own world and live together as a family, happily!"

The moment Wei Ying said those words, Lan Zhan's breathing faltered and his body stiffened in Wei Ying's arms.

"Lan Zhan?!" Wei Ying asked frowning

"Wei Ying needs to know more before we meet them," Lan Zhan said hesitantly, hugging his Wei Ying tightly in his arms, "He's not blessed, Wei Ying. When he woke up and saw me, he was...so horrified, he started crying and screaming that I killed him," Lan Zhan answered, remembering the day he met Wei Wuxian

Wei Ying sucked in a sharp breath and started patting Lan Zhan's back gently sensing his uneasiness, "Tell me everything, Lan Zhan."

And so Lan Zhan did. In his own style, Lan Zhan summarized Wei Ying how Wei Wuxian met that world's Lan Wangji, then his parents' accidental death around the same time as in this world, followed by his living and growing together with Lan Wangji, Uncle and Xiongzhang, how Lan Wangji treated him in the beginning then started acting good to marry Wei Wuxian for his property, Lan Wangji's cheating, betrayal and how he shot Wei Wuxian in his stomach, causing him to fall from the cliff into the sea and die at the same age as Wei Ying.

To say Wei Wuxian was shocked would be an understatement. He couldn't believe that another world's Lan Wangji would be so evil, so wicked to kill his own husband, whom he had grown up with, just for the sake of some property. It was even harder to compare his own life to another world's Wei Wuxian and determine who suffered the most. Wei Ying's heart ached and burned with anger thinking about all the misery and betrayal his other self suffered at the hands of his own husband, his love no less. No wonder he was horrified seeing Lan Zhan here.