Rekindle The Past

"How? I thought the Wens were all k-killed..." Wei Ying asked, dumbstruck

"Before coming to the war, I went to find you in the Burial Mounds. Found Ayuan, hidden and burning with fever. After...losing you, I adopted Ayuan and named him Lan Yuan, courtesy name Lan Sizhui.

He knows you, Wei Ying. He didn't..before but after you arrived here, slowly bit by bit he remembered that it was you whom he used to follow around everywhere like a duckling. He remembered he once called you his mother and me, his father. And as the things are turning out, you carrying a baby's soul in your dantian, it looks like our Ayuan already knew it then," Lan Zhan said, smirking

"Lan Zhaan!" Wei Ying whined hiding his face in Lan Zhan's chest, "Why didn't you tell me sooner that he is our Ayuan? I haven't even talked to him properly. He must be feeling so sad!"

"Wei Ying hasn't even talked properly to me. I'm also sad," Lan Zhan said petulantly

Wei Ying stared. Just stared at his big baby who was sulking so irrationally, "Lan Zhan..you know that I've been talking mostly to you only since I woke up, don't you?"

"Not properly. Wei Ying hasn't told me everything. I haven't told Wei Ying many things. If we did, Wei Ying would know about Ayuan."

Wei Ying sighed. He knew his Lan Zhan is right, they really didn't get time to talk properly.

"You're right, my Love, we need to talk," Wei Ying said as he laid down with Lan Zhan and snuggled deeper into his arms, "I guess I know what you want to talk about. Honestly, I would've never told you or anyone about it. Not that I don't want to..but because it's like reliving my worst nightmare. 

But now that we've got a baby, whose life and death solely depend on me, I don't want to hide it anymore, Lan Zhan. I've got a feeling that together we will find something to improve our situation.

"Wei Ying wants to tell everyone?" Lan Zhan asked, peppering kisses all over his Wei Ying's face

"Hmm..tomorrow," Wei Ying said stifling a yawn and smiling, "Lan Zhan, you know...when you and Ayuan were talking to the baby, I felt my stomachache lessen considerably as the baby's soul relaxed. The baby hears us, Lan Zhan. Its soul is really bonded to me. I don't know whether I should feel happy or scared about it"

Lan Zhan frowned, "It should be me being soul-bonded to my Wei Ying, not the baby!"

"Lan Zhann! Will you please stop being jealous of our son and the baby? We have more serious problems to solve than handle your possessiveness," Wei Ying said, baffled by his Lan Zhan's childishness

"Mm" Lan Zhan replied half-heartedly before capturing his Wei Ying's soft bruised lips in a slow, deep and soothing kiss as they both fell asleep in each other's arms

The next morning started with a flurry of activities as Lan Zhan attempted to compensate for all the hugs, kisses, massages and songs of Clarity that were missed yesterday and only when he felt a bit better watching his Wei Ying's skin glow healthily, his eyes sparkling with happiness and his lips well kissed did he allow his Wei Ying to leave Jingshi, alongside him. 

"Xichen ge! Grandmaster Lan! Healer Fu!" Wei Ying greeted, entering Yashi with Lan Zhan, before waving his hand towards the juniors as his longing gaze fell upon Lan Sizhui who was smiling back at him, fondly.

"Good morning, Axian! Wangji!" Lan Xichen replied, his eyes shining with mischief, glancing at his didi who was too lost looking at his Wei Ying to respond, "You're looking so beautiful today, Axian! Your milky white smooth skin is glowing against your red lips and silky raven hairs!"