A Deal

“Wei Ying!”

“Baba!”

“Axian!”

“Wei Wuxian!”

“Xian gege!”

"Senior Wei!"

Everyone inside Jingshi called Wei Ying simultaneously, shocked and alarmed by his painful scream.

“Wei Ying! Wei Ying?! WEI YING!!!” Lan Zhan screamed when he saw his sweet perfectly fine and healthy Wei Ying only a moment ago started vomiting blood, continuously, without any symptom of sickness, “What is happening with you, heart?! Healer Fu! Please! Check my husband! What is wrong with him? Why is he suddenly vomiting so much blood?! Please, healer! Do something!” Lan Zhan cried out, panicking and extremely worried while holding his Wei Ying impossibly closer in his strong yet trembling arms, too afraid of losing his Wei Ying again

While everyone’s attention inside Jingshi, including Alpha Lan Wangji’s focus, shifted completely from their critical topic of discussion about the Yin Iron and Beta Mo Xuanyu to that unprecedented, sudden and mysterious change in Wei Ying’s health condition, Omega Wei Wuxian sensed that his own energy and health condition was rapidly deteriorating, being completely dependent on this world’s Wei Ying’s life force…

And while he tried to focus his unique dominant pheromone powers to keep his energies stable despite Wei Ying’s concerning health condition, he sensed something close to himself!

Something that was very familiar to him but was way too foreign to be felt in this world.

Vibrations!

Subtle, unique, constant and underlying vibrations that were an inescapable part of every electronic device in his modern world, irrespective of their level of intensity emitted by different devices, were somehow very clearly felt by the Omega, here, in this ancient world and that too from somewhere really close to him!

The Omega at once took out and checked the smartphone given by his Zhan ge, earlier and put it far away from himself, on Lan Zhan’s desk, but still, neither he stopped feeling those subtle vibrations nor he felt any decrease in its intensity.

And only after focusing all his attention, he felt as if those vibrations were coming from somewhere inside his clothes, and without any delay, he started searching all his pockets and what he found in them wasn’t something he’d have ever expected!

“Zhan ge! Look!” Omega Wei Wuxian cried out, alarmed, as he handed Alpha Lan Wangji the same, rare greyish-blue pearl pendant that Beta Mo Xuanyu had gifted him yesterday evening during their brief meeting- argument in Yashi!

“I can clearly sense electronic vibrations coming from inside this pearl, Zhan ge! This… this isn’t just a pendant but-” The Omega’s eyes widened in horror as he looked at his Zhan ge and then at everyone’s faces before whispering out, “…but a hidden microphone!”

Alpha Lan Wangji at once crushed the pearl pendant between his fingers, angrily, and sure enough, there was an extremely tiny, black, and now, broken microphone, hidden carefully inside that pearl.

“What is a microphone?! Why do you both look so alarmed and… guilty?!” Lan Zhan demanded their counterparts in his deep baritone voice, seething with uncontrollable anger

“A microphone…” The omega felt his throat dry up not only because of the exhaustion of using his powers to maintain his own energies but also because of the terrible blunder he had made due to his lack of awareness and alertness!

“A microphone is a device in our world that helps people to hear all the sounds, conversations, and everything that is happening around the microphone, without actually being present there!” Alpha Lan Wangji said solemnly, wrapping his arms around his Ying’s waist, protectively