xlviii - revengers 2.1

Bắt đầu từ đầu

She only wants to understand.

Why is he doing all this?

"Wilbur."

Widening his eyes, she can see him pacing around in panic.

He must find it unsettling hearing her voice, it's funny to look at.

She can tell that he's terrified, is he guilty?

Well he should be, he killed her,

"Why did you do it?"

The question stopped his panic, and for some reason, a laughter emitted from his terrible lips.

Composure returns as he keeps himself sane, staring at no one, even though Niki was beside him, "I have to make him trust me. I have to-"

"You killed me, Wilbur. Have you realised that?" She interrupts him, there his grin vanishes.

His brown eyes might as well grow blue, his back slightly hunches, "So you have come to haunt me? That's..I made sure I wouldn't kill you. I thought I hit it right."

That made Niki scoff, "Well you didn't..and since I'm stuck around you, I'm probably dead."

Wilbur laughs again, and sits on a random spot.

It's cold, but he couldn't care less, "I can't believe I am talking to you this way. I can't see you, I can't feel you but- I hear you. Just like what Ghostbur can do." His voice sounds happy, almost too lamenting,

"You really..value Dream so much? More than me?"

Creasing his brows, he shakes his head rapidly, "No- Niki, you mean so much to me-"

"You sure had a funny way of showing it." She doesn't really know what's going on, much less to what she is at the moment.

But messing with Wilbur, this is the least she could do, "I trusted you, Wilbur. I know I shouldn't have, yet I did. Do you have any idea how much you ruined me, Wilbur? Was my acceptance of your apology even worth it? This is how you repay me? You just-"

Niki can't spill all those words without anger drowning her insides, she can't end up like Wilbur, she needs to stay control, "I fucking hate you Wilbur. And if this is how I exist after I die, then I'd love to haunt you 'till you're dead."

The threat gave the madman a chuckle, and a tear to his eye, "I'm going to miss your smile, as much as I am proud of you for changing..I'll miss you."

Her glare softens, looking away from his pitiful face. She shouldn't give sympathy, he's trying to lure you once more- but still, "Guess we are both missing someone."

Wilbur looks up, and gives a painful smile, "I don't think I can change, Niki. And I don't think I can back down to this. I owe Dream my life. My whole life, and if Dream can bring me back here, he can also put me back to hell..and I don't..I don't want to go back..."

Niki tries to ignore his voice, the way it shakes, it tingles her heart,

"..I'll plead to him. I'll plead to have you back, even for eternity I'll remain by his side..You need to come back."

...

She starts to cackle, her laugh hurts Wilbur's ears as he shuts her off, not knowing why she found that hilarious, "You make me crazy, Wilbur Soot. You really know how to make someone crazy for you- One point you had the guts to kill me, the second you're willing to return me.

"Choose a side, Wilbur! Who really are you?! Are you the guy that came back just to ruin people's lives, or the guy that I loved and lost?!"

He grows still.