Chapter 70. Rescue Mission I

Vinay moved towards Sonia to find her zoning out. He softly grabbed her arms bringing her out of her trance.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Vinay asked her putting his hand on her forehead.

Sonia smiled and shaked her head to assure him that she was alright.

He kissed her cheeks and bid her goodbye.

She looked at the two-faced man who had lied to her from the start of their relationship.

She was getting furious from inside but she maintained her calm in front of her 'family'

In Vinay's room

Sonia immediately entered her room and dialled Rekha's number. But then she cut the call thinking 'What if she gets scared and informs my parents? That would alert Vinay! No! I should not tell anyone and look for Ronny myself.'

Thinking positively, she grabbed her purse and phone moving out of the house.

She pinned the location that she had saved in her phone about the place where Ronny was kidnapped and held in captive.

She drove off without informing her actual destination.

When enquired by Mrs. Nair, she informed her that she wanted to shop for some clothing accessories for the upcoming party.

In Nair's office.

Vinay was giving presentation on the highlights for the Maldives resort to the international investors.

Sameer was attending the presentation instructing his assistant to make subsequent changes in their file.

After an hour or so,

The investors were very much pleased with the young dynamic duo to convey their ideas and novel approach on the resort.

The ex-best friends were appreciated highly and were even encouraged for partnering future projects.

At this, both of them looked at each other, making Sameer scoff at Vinay. As he knew that he would never involve in anything that has Vinay in it.

Vinay switched on his phone to check for any messages. Since he had kept it on silent during the presentation for any possible disturbances.

He was shocked to see 15 missed calls from Rocky. He immediately called him to check his desperation, as he knew there would be some urgency in Rocky's repetitive calls.

"Yes, Rocky. What is it? Is everything alright?" Vinay asked moving little far from the crowd.

"What?!!" Vinay low screamed jolting Sameer who looked at him with suspicion.

"I am coming there! And call Appupa. We will meet at the usual place." Vinay instructed the tensed Rocky.

Sameer locked eyes with him "What sinister plan are you devising now?"

Vinay was startled at first but then he regained back his stature. He grinned and spoke "Bro, I am not you. Who plays behind your back. I fight face to face. So, you need not watch your back. Coz I will be striking your pretty face with my punch next time you try to bring some other sluts between me and my wife! Got that, Mr. Sameer?!"

"You!" Sameer began to march at him. Vinay kept his stand ready for a strike to counterattack him.

"Sameer!"