Chapter 19. The Breakup

Shrugging the thought, she washed her face. She came out of the washroom to change when she saw the one person, she was tired to see at such an hour.

She threw the towel on her bed and asked

"What is it, Ronny? What do you want?"

"That was a nice performance. You killed it, but I don't understand one thing in all this?" Ronny asked still not gaining her full attention.

"And what is that?" she asked uninterested.

"What are you trying to pull from this act?" Ronny inquired.

"It was for the family entertainment, what else was it supposed to be?" She turned to look at him with one raised eyebrow.

"The fact that you are moving closer to that Nairs'. What is with that?" Ronny questioned her getting up from the bed.

She scrunched her eyebrow at his suspicion and tilted her head and spoke.

"They are family friends. And friends help each other! What is wrong with that?" Sonia counter-questioned him.

Ronny gave an angry look at her, she went closer to him and asked.

"What is your problem, Ronny? Now am I not allowed to even get help from others?! Huh? Are you so possessive?!"

Ronny looked sideways and spoke.

"When are you going to tell them?" he said looking straight in her eyes.

Sonia pursed her lips and hummed "Pretty soon, once we reach Mumbai, we can tell them about us and maybe they might accept our relationship and if not..." Sonia backed away from him to continue her night routine by moving towards the mirror.

"If not?! Complete the sentence, Sonia. If not, what?!" Ronny spoke in frustration.

Sonia put her jewellery down and turned to him shrugging her shoulders saying.

"Then we need to wait to get their approval."

Ronny huffed and caught hold of his hips saying

"That's all we have been doing for the past 3 years, Sonia. Waiting and waiting and waiting..."

"Then what do you suggest?! You want me to rebel against my parents and what... marry you?!! Is that it, huh?!!" Sonia waved her hands and replied.

"Yes." Ronny answered back.

Sonia raised her eyebrow and huffed saying.

"I can't do this! You expect me to find solutions for each and every problem that we are facing. But don't have the guts TO SOLVE THEM YOURSELF, HUH?! She screamed the last part.

"Don't shout at me, Sonia!" Ronny warned her.

"You think you can control me, by telling me to do what you want me to do? Wow, excellent!!" Sonia slow-clapped for him.

Ronny clenched his jaw and looked at her with a death glare.

Sonia laughed at him mockingly and spoke.

"You know what! I am done with this! Totally done with this! I am not going to do this anymore! I can't do this anymore! Let's-let's just take a pause from this... you know a break... might do us some good." Sonia waved her hands and bought them to her hips and spoke.

Ronny looked at her confused and shaked his head and asked with a mocking laugh

"Are you breaking up with me?!"