Chapter 46. Who is Ronak Das?

Vinay saw this and asked "3 years back? But he is been missing only from the past week. How is that possible?"

Sonia became hopeful at his question and went towards them.

"Son, I have been staying here my whole life. I have seen Shekhar and his siblings grow. I even attended his wedding. And above that why would I lie to a bunch of strangers, hm...?"

The man gave him a satisfying answer to their query.

Vinay looked at Sonia who was finding it difficult more and more. Vinay didn't give up.

Vinay took out his phone and showed him the picture of Ronny aka Shekhar. The man denied saying that the man in the picture was not Shekhar.

This shocked them more. The man further clarified that the man in the picture was a paying guest in Shekhar's cottage. He had no other information about him apart from this.

Everything was twisting very badly. Sonia was finding it more and more complicated.

She went away from there fully frustrated.

Vinay thanked the man and ran towards her.

He grabbed her arm and told her to stop. She jerked her hand and crossed her hand towards her chest.

"Why?!!! Why is he doing this? Hasn't he tortured me enough?" she low barked at him.

Vinay looked at her crying figure and went to hug her. This time she didn't retaliate and just let him hug her as she needed it.

"Why, Mr. Vinay? Why are we not able to find him? Is perhaps the information that we are getting not genuine?" she looked at his face, worried.

He caressed her hairs saying "Did you give up so easily, hm...? Where is the girl who fought those drunkards to save her dignity? Hm..."

She just put her head on his chest and hummed. He put his chin on her head and spoke

"As I told you, we will not give up. We will find your Ronny. So don't worry you have me with you, ok?" He cupped her face and kissed her forehead to calm her down.

Sonia nodded her head. She suddenly realised their position and backed a little. She looked at him and thanked him for his perseverance.

He told her that they should stop by a restaurant to have their lunch.

At the restaurant, Vinay ordered for himself and told the waiter to take the orders for Sonia and Rocky. The restaurant was situated at the waterfront giving a fresh and relaxing feeling to the customers coming there.

The trio was seated at the porch area. Sonia was hesitant to order and was getting confused. Vinay looked at her little struggle and touched her hand softly saying

"The Mexican bowl or the Greek salad. Both are really good here. You can try those with your favourite fruit smoothies."

Sonia nodded her head and ordered the same. She asked him that how he had known that she preferred vegetarian more than non-vegetarian dishes. He said that her mother had told him about it.

Sonia smiled at his answer. But little did she knew that Vinay had researched everything about her from the very first day he saw her. When he had researched about Ronny, he couldn't stop himself from knowing about his Sonia.

He knew her favourite colour to her favourite music choices. He even knew her little habit of twitching her nose if she feels sad, happy or angry. He found it the most endearing.