Chapter 59. Love?

Vinay had taken Sonia to the seaside restaurant that he would always visit when he used to come to the Maldives for business purposes.

Vinay saw that Sonia was looking fresh and smiling genuinely after a long time.

He was happy at her present state. He called her and asked

"So, Ma Reine what would you like to eat?"

Sonia looked at him and blushed at the nickname called by him, remembering their time in the suite.

He called her again and she spoke

"Something less spicy and some smoothies. Yes, that will do."

Vinay then ordered for them and started talking random things with her.

He knew the effect he had on her in the suite when he saw her in the lingerie.

So, he wanted her to be distracted from that topic.

"You know there is an international dance festival happening in one of the resorts hotels. Wanna go?" Vinay asked her while sipping his cocktail specially prepared by the restaurant for their favourite customer.

Sonia thought for a while.

Should I go to the party? I mean there is no harm in being genuinely happy for once!

Maybe I need a break from this scrambled state.

Maybe listening to relaxing music might help me cheer up from this sulky mood.

What is the harm in enjoying myself?!! I am not the one who cheated my better half and kept a sinful secret for 3 years!!

I am not the one to corner myself with guilt all over just to die painfully every minute!

No! I won't!!

For once I am going to live for myself!! Yes!!

Thus, with a positive vibe, she looked at Vinay and nodded.

Vinay was aware of the traumatic situation she was going through. But he wanted her to pull herself from this situation and cure herself.

So, not for once did he tried to sympathise with her or accused Ronny just to please her. He wanted her to fight her inner demons herself. To raise from ashes and become the goddess that she resembled in her dances.

He just paved the way to her to overcome her hurdles and cross them without a bit of regret or guilt.

He admired her decision to go to the festival with him. It was the first step to make her realise her worth to herself.