Chapter 12. What is Ronny up to?

"Ahh..."

Sonia jolted from her bed.

"What happened, Sonia?" Rekha got up holding Sonia's shoulder. Sonia gave a confused look at Rekha.

"I-it's nothing. I-i had a ni-nightmare." Sonia was shivering, so she caught hold of her arm to control her shivering.

"Oh, it's ok. I am right here. Don't worry. Well, it seems your fever is gone. Let me get you some water. You are sweating badly!" Rekha touched Sonia's forehead and went to get her a glass of water.

After Sonia calmed herself, Rekha held her closer to avoid further nightmares and slept.

Sunday

In the morning

Nair's residence

"Vinay, accompany them to the shopping mall. I am visiting the site with Menon." Mr. Nair said to Vinay before leaving.

"Ok, Dad but I need to go to office before noon, as we have the meeting with the investors tomorrow. I need to review the presentation" Vinay reminded his dad.

"Oh yes. Don't worry. The shopping will be over by that time. I hope....!" Mr. Nair glanced at his wife humorously.

"Oh, Mr. Nair, please, we are shopping for a wedding! It will take time." Mrs. Nair waved her hand at her husband gaining a smile from Reena and Vinod.

Vinay just shaked his head in disapproval.

At the shopping mall

Mrs. Menon was glancing through the line of sarees arranged by the sales person.

"Hmm... I think this one will look good on Latha for the ceremony...?" Mrs. Menon gave a confusing look at the material.

Sonia rolled her eyes at her mother's state. As for the past half an hour she was just rejecting from one material to another.

Rekha nudged her to get Mrs. Menon to make her decision. To which Sonia just shaked her head stating...

"She won't finalise until her friend comes. They both have to discuss and then conclude at the perfect dress." Sonia whispered.

Just then the Nairs reached the shop.

"The traffic was endless! But finally, I am here...have you selected the dress yet?" Mrs. Nair placed herself to the sit near her bestie huffing.

Reena sat beside Sonia and Rekha with Veena in her hand. Rekha immediately grabbed the child and started playing with her.

Vinay followed them staring at his phone with creased eyebrow.

He seated himself to a far-off seat to avoid the obvious.

Vinay was in his beige Louis Vuitton blazer with a blue polo shirt, which perfectly complimented his looks. He matched it with white sneakers. His hair was perfectly gelled in place giving him a formal look. His manly aura spread through the store, attaining glances from each and every being present there. 

He was known to don only branded fitted materials. Whether it be formals or casuals.

Rekha was gaping at him from the moment he entered the store. She hummed a sigh gaining a scrunched look from Sonia. She whispered into her bestie's ears.

"Reh, will you stop drooling at him! You are embarrassing me! Please!!" Sonia glared at her.

Rekha came to her senses at her remark and gave a cute pout at her bestie.