Chapter 37. Rekha's plan

On Sunday

Ronny was coming to meet Sonia's parent to ask her hand in marriage formally.

Both Sonia and Rekha were waiting for him in Sonia's house as planned.

Mr. Menon was getting ready to go to the golf course with Nair as his long weekend outing with his bestie.

After an hour or so,

As he was about to leave the house with his driver, he got a call from Mr. Nair

"Yes, Nair I am on my way. Meet you at the club."

Suddenly Mr. Menon's face scrunched and he almost slumped on the couch.

Seeing this state of their father, Sonia and Sameer ran to him.

Sameer slowly held the phone from his dad and attended the call.

Hearing the words from the other side of the phone, he too got tensed and looked at his family members in worry.

At Nair's residence

After hearing the news, the Menon family along with Rekha had immediately reached the Nair house.

Mrs. Menon clutched Mrs. Nair hand in a comforting manner and was trying to console her.

They were all seated in the living room, Sameer was looking at the figure of Vinay who was looking down clutching his hand below his chin thinking deeply.

"But, Nair, he should have informed you about her love affair. We would have avoided this proposal. He did very wrong. This marriage could have ruined these three innocent lives!" Mr. Menon said getting upset at the situation that his best friend had to go through.

Grandpa Menon was silently listening to their talks.

Sunitha had apparently eloped and got married to her long-time boyfriend by not informing her family.

Vinay had gone on a date with Sunitha the other day. As they were conversing, she told him that she had tried to forget her boyfriend but failed miserably. She told him that she was planning to get married to her boyfriend. Saying so, she broke their engagement and left from there wishing Vinay good luck for his future.

So, when he informed his parents about it, they got furious and had a verbal fight with Mukundan who apparently was too shocked and sad at his daughter's behaviour.

After an hour-long discussion, Grandpa Menon couldn't take it any longer.

So, he managed to get up from his seat and stood in front of Vinay.

Vinay saw him in front of him and slowly got up looking at his face.

"My child, you are very precious for your family. The person who will get married to you will be the luckiest person in the world. She will not only be safe but also become your shield," Saying so Grandpa patted his shoulders in a loving manner.

Vinay looked down and nodded his head.

Grandpa looked at Mr. Nair and spoke

"Remember Vasudev, I told you that day that I will take care of your boy. So, this is me keeping my promise."

He then went in the centre of the hall clutching Vinay's hand and commanded

"Vinay will get married to my dear grandchild, Sonia!"