Chapter 27. The Engagement

"Nia, would you like to have the stir-fried baby corns? It looks delicious!" Rekha asked her bestie while going through the dishes spread across the buffet table.

They were royally interrupted by a handsome personality who supposedly was attracted to one special talkative charisma.

"Hello ladies, mind if I join you?" Rekha looked over her shoulders and slightly gawked at his appearance.

(Shiva's aesthetics)

He went near Rekha and spoke softly "Close your mouth, you don't want the mosquitoes to house them"

Rekha immediately adhered to him but glared at him. He just backed off and smiled introducing himself.

"Hello, I am Shiva. Nice to meet you. May I know the names of you beautiful ladies?"

Rekha looked at him up and down and scowled turning around to resume her work on selecting the dishes.

Sonia felt sad at her bestie's behaviour as she thought that the man just wanted to introduce himself. He didn't sound bad either. So, she introduced herself and was about to introduce Rekha when she suddenly turned and glared at her bestie saying

"Nia, why are you talking to strangers? Come let's go!"

Shiva just looked at her in amusement and smiled.

"Cute."

The family members settled in the living room after the dinner.

Mr. Nair went to the centre stage with Mr. Mukundan and he started making an announcement.

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention here please?"

Everyone looked at him, taking their affirmation he continued

"Today is a very special day for me, as my son Vinay has finally returned from the states after his training. He is going to join our family business to help it reach the global market at the highest level!"

Vinay looked down smilingly at his father endless praise for him.

He knew that finally he was able to put a proud smile on his father's face.

He knew that now he would be able to show his family how much they mean to him and his life.

Mr. Nair then continued.

"So, as a gift for him I am going to announce him as the CEO of our company, Vasudevan Nair and Sons Timber Ltd."

Everyone applauded at his words and looked at Vinay who was totally astonished at his father's words.

But before he could digest this surprise, his father threw another surprise at him.

"Vinay would you please come here, my child." He signalled Vinay to join him at the centre alongwith his mother.