Chapter 65. Peace

For two days, Vinay was not able to sleep peacefully without her scent. He used to get up in the middle of the night and would random stuff like reading, browsing through his phone just to pass the time.

Eventually getting tired to sleep off.

The same situation was with Sonia. She was finding it difficult to sleep even with the continuous series or films binge watching or reading books.

Both were missing each other badly and just wanted to be in each other's arms but were distanced because of their false ego.

At Sonia's office

Sonia had come to her office to collect her certificate and bid farewell to her colleagues.

Her director was proud of her performance in the office. As she was one of the most promising employees who would not leave any space for complains.

So, when she decided to resign the director with the whole staff arranged for a farewell party for her in one of the company restaurants.

The party was in the evening with only the office staffs and the top managements.

At Menon's house

Mrs. Menon had taken Latha to the hospital as she was feeling nauseated for few days and was also weak.

So, it was only Sonia, Appupa and Mr. Menon in the house. Sameer had accompanied his mother and wife to the hospital as he was getting restless looking at his wife's fragile state.

"Nia dear. How was the trip? Hope you were able to visit a lot of places during the visit?" Appupa asked her while she was serving them their tea.

"It was good." Sonia opted to answer in shorts.

"Oh. did you guys visit Mr. Samuel's vineyard. He has some collections of fruit and beverages which would be perfect for our resort." Mr. Menon enquired with her.

Sonia got tensed as she remembered her and Vinay's time and the precious moment that they shared under the raining night.

She felt heavy hearted and nodded for her father.

She then excused herself to her room of a headache.

When she reached her room, she closed her mouth and cried remembering him.

She missed his touch, his smile and his eyes. She clutched her arms and sat on the bed crying.

The next day

Mrs. Menon wanted to visit the community hall for the members had arranged a meeting for the annual meet.

Since she had to look after Latha who was still unwell, she told Sonia to attend the meeting.

At the community hall

Sonia was attending the meeting and taking down the points that they were discussing to arrange for the community's next annual function.

"So, Sonia this year also I believe you will take the charge for the youth wing. Hm..." One of the community head asked for her approval.