Chapter 36. A changed man

The old man bends down to Vinay's face level, grabbing his jaw and spoke

"First this is not your rest house and second you are not a guest here."

"Get up and come down, I need to discuss some work with you. And please change into something less fancy." Mr. Paul told him looking up and down his Armani shirt.

In the living room

Mr. Paul was sitting at the head of the table surrounded by his men and to his side standing was his wife and son.

Vinay casually walked to the table and tried to sit on one of the chairs to which one of Mr. Paul's men pulled the chair back, making him fall down.

Vinay clenched his jaw glaring at Mr. Paul who just told him

"Don't sit without my permission!"

Vinay got up pushing the invisible dust from his back and spoke

"What is that you wanted to talk?" he was still glaring at him and his men.

Mr. Paul sneered and got up from his seat. He approached Vinay and pulled his left ears hardly and spoke. It was looking weird for wherein a 5'4 old man brutally torturing a 6'2 young man!

"Next time, learn to speak to elders more politely. Got it, kid!"

He left Vinay's ears and chuckled a little saying to him that he would be required to work in the farm with Mr. Paul to hide his identity. Vinay rubbed his ear to soothe the pain.

Vinay screwed his eyebrows at his words and scowled saying

"I rather stay in my room then work with an old hag!"

Mr. Paul slapped his head saying

"What did I tell you about respecting elders, huh? And yes, you will work in the farms with me, if you don't, I will pour ice cold water on you every morning or the times when you think to lie on the bed like a dead rock!"

"And why should I listen to you? You are not my family, huh?!" Vinay barked at him.

Mr. Paul raised his hands in an action to hit Vinay to which he cringed, earning a chuckle from Mr. Paul.

Mr. Paul caressed his head saying

"Because it is not my family that is being targeted by those bl**d thirsty mafias who killed your girlfriend!"

Vinay's eye widened at his disclosures, as he was not aware of this fact. He thought that his father has send him away as usual to escape from his problems.

"Listen kid, your family is deep danger, yet they have sent you here to protect you."

Mr. Paul grabbed his shoulder to make him understand the graveness of the issue hindering his family. "Son, that bas***d Sunny has died! His maniac brother, Sanjay is looking for you to rip you apart."

Vinay got shocked at the disclosure. Mr. Paul continued "Your Saviour has threatened Sanjay that he would end his political career if he doesn't back out. Even to the extent of brutally killing those rascals who tortured your girlfriend. So, after deliberate attempts and threats, Sanjay has given up his search for you. Nonetheless your family is still in danger. But they worry for you. As they care for you and want you to be safe from those mafias. So, in order to keep your family safe, do as I told you to do." Mr. Paul informed him with a serious tone.

Vinay looked at him with confusion but nodded his head as in to agree to his demands.

Vinay wanted his family to be safe and if this is the way, then he will follow it no matter what.