Chapter 9. The Danseuse

On Saturday

The Children's community event.

The hall was lively with the family members and their loved ones who had come to cheer their young ones for the competition.

The Children's community used to organise events including competitions, dance and singing talent show, food fair, and such so that the community members alongwith their friends could enjoy the fun and refreshments in a relaxed atmosphere.

The Menons and Nairs were a huge part of this community. They did all kind of donations, charity to various trusts and arrange programs for the underprivileged under the name of the community.

Hence, it was evident for their presence in this community event.

Reena Nair was in charge of the Children's wing of the community.

Sonia Menon was in charge of the Youth wing of the community.

They had jointly taken up the responsibility to run this year's Children's community event.

"Ok, just don't be late with the flowers for the Thiruvathira Kali?" Reena demanded from her phone. Her volunteer had apparently forgotten to bring the same the previous day.

(Thiruvathira Kali – the traditional dance form played by the ladies in Kerala, India)

She running helter and skelter not forgetting to instruct the volunteers to hurry up the process.

Just then, Sonia arrived at the hall with the flower bouquet for the guest of honours.

"Whew! The traffic is hectic today! First, I couldn't get through the traffic and secondly, I had to park my scooty almost 5 blocks from the flower shop!" Sonia huffed settling down in the chair.

"Oh my god! If that is the case, when will they arrive with the flowers for the Thiruvathira Kali?" Reena slapped her forehead with a grunt.

"What happened, Reena? What has to arrive now?" Mrs. Nair came with Veena in her hand.

"Mom, the flowers for the Thiruvathira Kali? It's still not reached here? what will I do? I can't leave now? The guest will be arriving now. I have to get ready?" Reena was hyperventilating.

Nandini tried to calm her by assuring, "Relax, Reena, I will tell Vinay to get it. He is on the way with your dad. They are directly coming from office. Their meeting got over just now."

"Really, then please tell him, Mom" Reena pleaded her mom.

After telling Vinay to get with the flowers for the Thiruvathira Kali. The Nair and Menon ladies went to the changing room to help the participants to get ready.

In the changing room

Sonia was putting on her anklets, when her phone started to ring.

"Hello."

"Hey babe. How's the program happening?" Ronny chimed from the other side.

"It has not started yet. I was getting ready for my welcome dance." Sonia said while looking for the last time in the mirror to check her attire.

"Oh!! Best of luck babe. Wish I could have come there! But you strictly told me not to! Where will you get such an obedient boyfriend, huh?" Ronny said in a hushed tone.

"Please, don't make me laugh. Both of us know that you were begging me to come here! if it was not for your brother landing on the same day from your hometown, you would have definitely come to watch my dance!" Sonia laughed at his silly revelations.