Chapter 1. Meet the Family - Part 1

It was a bright sunny morning. The sweet sound of birds chirping by the window stilt made Sonia to slowly open her eyes. She was startled by the sound of the constant bickering between her brother, Sameer and mom, Mrs. Menon.

Her day was not complete with her dad, Mr. Menon constantly asking for his wallet for the fourth time. Her Mom was rushing through the morning to her usual busy morning rush. Making everyone's breakfast, tiffin and finding their stuff in between.

Sonia got up from her bed to help her mom and saw her glaring at her. Actually, it was quite late and everyone was getting annoyed along with her.

Sonia immediately hugged her mom as an apology till she got a smile from her mom. she helped her brother with his files and shoes.

As she was searching for his one pair of socks, her eyes laid on the invitation on the side table.

She asked her Dad regarding it.

"Dad, what's this invitation for?" she asked.

"Hm, oh that's for the annual xxx community meet" her Dad replied.

"Oh, where is it this year?" she asked.

"It's at the xxx hall." He spoke.

"Oh, it's on this Saturday. But guess I can't come, since I have my office party that day." She spoke.

"But dear, we all are supposed to go there. You know that, right?" her dad asked.

"I know that Dad, but I can't avoid going to my office party. Since it is from our department and I am also a part of the organising committee. Sorry dad." She requested.

"Ok, don't you remember you are also supposed to get your award for your achievement for excelling in your graduation. It is on that day!" he replied.

"Is it on that day! Ugh, how can I forget that!" she grumbled.

"Yes! And you have to be there" he explained.

"Can they postpone the event to some other day? Can they?!!" She curiously asked her dad glancing at her mom and brother (who was constantly grinning at his sister's situation.).

Sonia glared at him with anger.

He just teased her saying "don't look at me like that! It is your problem. Deal with it!" he scoffed.

"I know that...you can't be of any help to me...but yourself!" she replied with an annoying look.

"Humph! Whatever. Mom I am getting late. Where's my other sock?" he asked his mom.

"Sonia was searching for it. Sonia did you get it?" she asked her daughter.

"Oh, here it is, Mom!" she gave the sock to her.

She turned to her dad awaiting his reply to her query.

"So, dad, is it possible?!" she asked her dad again.

"Hm. I don't think so, dear. It is all set and planned. We can't help it. You have to attend it. Just tell your office regarding it, they will understand. Don't worry. If anything, else, I will call your office, explaining them the situation. Hmm." Her dad assured her.

"it's okay, dad. I will speak with them and try to get out of the office party." She assured her dad, as she never goes against the will of her most favourite person – Her dad.

"Ok, well bye then" her dad left for his office followed by her brother.

They always left for work at 8 am sharp in the morning.

Sonia went to help her mother with the rest of the work.

"Ok, mom, I will get ready for office. Please pack my tiffin coz I am already late." She requested her mom.