Chapter 7: Another Favor

Start from the beginning

My jaw dropped, "I seriously have to invite him to our house again??"

Mom looked at me suspiciously, "That isn't a problem right? He is your boyfriend."

"Oh...right," I groaned, "Fine, I'll invite him over. Can you sign the permission slip please?"

"Hmmm, I'll sign it once Yongguk has dinner with us," Mom took the paper with her and went upstairs.

--

Before school started, I was sitting in the quad, just enjoying the sunshine before having to be in a class that smells like boy all day. Across from me was Daehyun. He hasn't noticed that I was a few feet from him, but maybe he was too caught up in the book he was reading. He's probably the one guy I know that reads for fun-another one of the reasons why I think he's cute.

Entering the school gates, I see Yongguk which a girl clinging to his arm. He looked annoyed with her, but seemed like he didn't want to be the one to tell her to go away.

Yongguk looked desperately around the quad and once his eyes landed on me, he called out my name, "Jieun!" He snatched his arm away from the clinging girl. "Sorry, I promised Jieun that we'd walk to class together today."

The girl shot me an envious glare and pouted when Yongguk left her and jogged towards me, "Hey sweetheart, sorry to keep you waiting." He slung his arm around my shoulder and started walking towards the school building.

"What? Sweetheart?" I questioned.

"Gah, that girl is always on me every time I'm trying to get to school. She lives right next to me and always wants to walk to school together. Good thing I saw you in the quad."

"Actually Yongguk, I'm glad that I saw you before class started as well." I said while he raised his eyebrows. "I'm really thankful that you were able to help me go to Nayeon's party last Saturday."

"What? Did you want to return the favor to me again?" He said suggestively, and I knew exactly what he was suggesting but please let's not bring up what happened in front of my porch.

"No that's not it," I looked up and saw that people were staring at me and Yongguk as we walked down the halls. I looked at his arm which was still on my shoulder, so that's what everyone was looking at. I lead him behind a wall where no one could see us and this time, Yongguk was the one who looked shocked.

"I feel really bad for asking this, and I don't want you to think that I'm taking advantage of you."

"I don't mind if you take advantage of me," The way he said that definitely implied something else.

"Noo that's not what I mean," I sighed, knowing that I was again, going to regret what I would say. "You know that my mom is crazy right? And that she doesn't really let me do anything because she wants me to stay home and be a loner."

"Uh huh..." Yongguk's forehead creased, not entirely sure where this conversation was going.

"But I really want to go to the camping trip and my mom won't let me. Seeing as how your presence was able to get me to go to Nayeon's party, I wanted to see if mentioning your name would change her mind about letting me go to the camping trip."

"So when you said that I was going, she gave you her permission?"

"Not exactly. I told her-don't get mad-that we kind of started going out? And that this camping trip would kind of be a good way for us to spend time together? So she sort of thinks that you really are my boyfriend and she will sign my permission slip only after you have dinner with us to meet-the-parents...again,don't be mad..."

Yongguk's face had an unreadable look. He tilted his head and crossed his arms, "So I have to play the part of your boyfriend again?"

"It sounds weird doesn't it...."

"So I guess that means we have to start doing things that boyfriends and girlfriends do?" Yongguk smiled slightly.

"Um no...it's only for the dinner that we're having with my mom. It's not like we have to pretend at school or anything."

"Well if I say yes, you know what that means, don't you?"

I rubbed the back of my neck in annoyance. I knew this meant I would have to owe Yongguk a favor again and I wasn't fond of his idea of payback.

"Yeah I know," I said quietly.

"Alright. Then I'll help you out again, if you give me something in return." We shook hands and made our deal.

"Wait! I'm not going to kiss you again..." I mumbled.

Yongguk laughed, "You should have made the rules before we shook hands. And I'm pretty sure you enjoyed it as much as I did, am I right?" The bell rang and Yongguk stepped out from behind the wall, "C'mon sweetheart, let's get to class."

I bit my lip to prevent myself from screaming. I can't believe I asked for his help again. Now I have to return the favor, and it could basically be anything that Yongguk says. Maybe going on this camping trip isn't worth going through all this work.

A/n* I'm in the mood to post two chapters today. It'll be up around 9 or 10 pacific standard time. Make my day by voting, commenting, and following !! :D