Chapter 3: Off Limits

"What's wrong?"

The sudden voice scared me, I was so close to slamming my locker on my fingers. I let out a sigh of relief and annoyance when I saw that the voice belonged to Yongguk. "Nothing's wrong."

"I saw you in class. You looked kind of sad when that guy was talking to you."

"Yeah I know. You have to stop staring at me in class, it's weird." I closed my locker and started walking out of the building. After a few steps off campus, I slowly turned around and saw Yongguk walking behind me. "Why are you following me?"

"I'm not following you. I live in this direction." He stated matter of factly.

"I don't usually see you when I walk home..." I said suspiciously.

"That's because I don't usually go home right after school. But today, I felt like walking home with you."

I didn't say anything afterwards and just continued walking. I wasn't in the mood to make any comebacks. Yongguk managed to keep some distance between us so we weren't walking right next to each other. Finally, I turned around, "Alright fine, you can walk next to me. I don't feel comfortable with you walking behind me and I can't see what you're doing."

Yongguk chuckled as he jogged up to me, "What? Do you think I'm gonna jump you or something?"

"Well I heard that you did that to someone before." There used to be rumors about Yongguk that went around school. He was kind of a bully and always gave people a hard time.

"That happened once...but I haven't done anything bad recently..." And that was all he said. I guess he didn't want me to hear any negative news about him.

Once we got to my door step, I sighed without making an effort to take out my keys.

"You okay?" I guess you could say he sounded worried.

"I don't want to go inside...my mom...I did something and I she's going to be mad at me when she sees me.

"Do you maybe want me to go in with you?" My head snapped towards Yongguk because that actually wasn't a bad idea. Mom loves Yongguk and she wouldn't act all crazy if he was around. I nodded at him and unlocked the door. Yongguk was still taking off his shoes when I went in ahead of him to find my mom.

"Mom, I have to show you this..." I slid a paper on the kitchen counter and she took it in her hands.

"You got a 98% on your test again?? You're such an embarrassment of a daughter, you-"

"Hello Mrs. Song, sorry for coming unexpectedly." Yongguk made his way into the kitchen.

"Jieun! You didn't tell me Yongguk was coming!" Mom's mood completely changed once she saw him.

"So you're not mad that I got a 98% right?" I tried to confirm.

"Jieun, let's not talk about grades right now, Yongguk is here. You can go up to your room while I make something for you two to eat."

I widened my eyes, "No we can just stay downstairs-"

"Let's go, Jieun. I want to see your room," Yongguk said happily and lead me up the stairs.

--

I didn't know what to do with Yongguk in my room, so I just took out my homework and starting working on my desk. Yongguk sat on my bed and started taking out his notebook. I would have appreciated it if he didn't go on my bed though. Suddenly I heard him crumpling papers and before I could ask him what he was doing, he was already throwing them at my head!