Chapter 42. Angel's dire situation.

Start from the beginning

Yasenia's eyes continued to turn redder and redder until only the furthest part of her iris was golden. This scared the nude woman below her, she asked coldly, "How do you communicate? Did your group manage to complete their task?"

The woman pointed at her ring carefully and said, "I-I have a jade inside, the last thing we know is that the blonde also separated and now is being followed to be captu-"

Yasenia's aura exploded and became terrifying. The woman below shrieked in fear as she looked at Yasenia. Yasenia asked in a calm voice, "Anything more?"

The woman hastily shook her head and pleaded, "P-please I truly told you e-everything, C-can I leave now? I didn't do anything, I swear!"

Yasenia looked down and said with a smile, "Of course, since you told me everything I should release you, right?"

The woman smiled and was about to thank her when *Stab!* She opened her eyes and looked at her chest that was pierced by her tail, she spoke, "W-Why? I told you everything *Cough*"

Yasenia looked at the dying girl and said "Did you really think I will let someone that tried to harm my loved ones live? Sorry dear, from the moment your group started this hunt, and you decided to not only harm me but also my loved ones, the Academy was destined to lose a lot of disciples."

Her tail changed to the barbed form and Yasenia pulled it out opening the girl's chest and spilling out her organs. Yasenia turned to the now unlocked spatial ring and took out the communication tool. Some messages were being broadcasted, "We are still following that blonde, she is truly a pain in the ass. She is able to leave formations while running and they are slowing down her pursuers a lot. She has already killed two of her 10 pursuers be careful. The other three seem to have changed directions and they are aiming to help the blonde. We need more people to slow them down, do not enter direct combat, Cecile is too powerful."

Yasenia continued listening and when she heard directions she started running toward Angel's direction at full speed. Focusing onwards she thought, 'Baby, hold on a little more, I'm reaching you before you know it.' Then, she accelerated again and disappeared with a sonic boom! That was a speed only achievable to a level five, Mental nourishing cultivator!

Meanwhile, Angel was running with a calm face. In front of her, there was a fork, one side had thick trees so she took it. Then she put 10 [Glass node] in the blind spot. When she saw people appearing she shot a light beam from her shield to one of the nodes and activated the formation, "[Laser barrage Formation]"

Then, without looking at the outcome she sped up again. The people following her had to dodge the lasers and lost a lot of speed. "Crap, these lasers are too deadly, don't get hit by them! If we remain uninjured, we will be able to catch up to her shortly."

After making some distance, Angel looked back and thought, 'I don't have much energy left, I can slow them down another five times at most, I think I would last more in a defensive battle now that they are weakened because of the chase. I'm sure that Cecile and the others are coming my way so I will bet on them, If they reach, I win. If they don't then...'

She continued running and after a while saw a 15m wide cloud ravine. She sprinted there and started setting up [Glass nodes]. After 30 or so seconds she saw her pursuers getting closer. She saw that they stopped 100m away.

When she was sure that they won't attack instantly, she sneered and spoke in her silvery voice, "You were chasing me like good hunting dogs, your owner must be proud. However, now that I stopped you don't have the guts to come near? How was that saying... Oh! Like owner like dogs, right? Cowards who don't dare to do things on their own!"

One of them was furious and was about to charge when the leader of that group saw Angel smile. "Stop! Can't you see that she is provoking you!? No wonder two people died, you are all brainless! Wait for the reinforcements!"