Uneasy

Pete's POV:

I calmed down in Ae's presence and was able to focus on other things. Zee was caught off guard when Ae ushered me to the desk and sat down beside me. The misconception which dwelled in his mind about me trying to jealous him was seen getting cleared. After spending one hour in library, Ae finally convinced me into having food and then dragged me to canteen. After that, I returned back to library to resume my work while Ae headed to the football field to prepare for the match.

As I sat in library trying to concentrate on what I was doing, all I could do was to worry about Ae. It wasn't just because of the match but because I was aware about the cheap tricks played by Zee. Though earlier I was happy to see him winning, now I was loathing him for the same. I never saw how evil he was because I always ignored it while reasoning out saying that what he did was for better. But now, I could see how selfish he had been all the time.

After wasting more 10 minutes going through the book which I hardly managed to understand, I concluded that it was better if I rush back to the field to check on Ae. I was worried and scared at the same time. I closed the books and stacked them together before moving to pick them up and shove them into their places on the rack in haste. I don't know why but with each passing second, my anxiety was rising to next level. I looked at the watch which showed that there was still an hour left for the match but I couldn't concentrate on anything. It was rather like my life depended on it.

After having put everything in place in hurry, I grabbed my bag and dashed out of the library running towards the ground. All I could think about was Ae and the possible threat lingering around him. I don't trust Zee anymore and I was worried that he might be hurting Ae.

I reached the ground to see people arriving and taking the seats in the stand while I looked around bewildered. I couldn't see Ae anywhere. I spared a glance around the audience and all possible places only to be disappointed. My heart began to race when I couldn't see him around. I immediately rushed towards the ground without thinking about anything. I saw players from our class watching me but I didn't give a damn. Right now, my only mission was finding Ae.

I can see his team member warming up on the other side and their captain was giving them some instructions. Luckily, Pond was there with them too so I rushed up to him while panting heavily. "Pond, where is Ae?" I demanded. "He is in locker room. Why? Is something wrong?" he asked. I didn't waste any time and ran in the direction of the locker room.

I was more concerned when I noticed that Zee was also missing from the field. When I reached the door of the locker room, I could hear noises from inside. My heartbeat peaked and I was about to step in when I heard a scream. My heart began to hammer in my chest as I rushed inside to check what has happened. There I saw Ae busy changing into his team jersey. I didn't waste anytime in running up to him and hugging him. I was scared and worried and I needed the assurance that he was safe.

He was puzzled with the sudden hug and immediately pulled away. He looked down at me and his face showed worry. "Pete, are you alright? Did something happened? Did someone hurt you?" he inquired while examining me for injury. "No.... I was just worried. I couldn't concentrate on anything and I was getting anxious each passing second. I don't know why I was suddenly feeling like something was wrong." I confessed.

"Love, stop worrying. Everything is fine. You see, I am here with you. You don't have to worry, I am completely fine." He assured while pulling me against him. I buried my face in his chest trying to assure myself that he was here besides me. I can feel him stroking my back. "I heard someone scream." I stated. "Oh... Someone had sneaked into our locker room and was looking for something. I just hit him with the hockey stick that was lying next to the bag and he ran away. Since he had his back, I was not able to see his face." Ae replied.