Changes

Pete's POV:

I left with phi since I needed time to think over everything. The series of events that took place today already drained me off the energy. As I reached home, I headed to my bedroom without making an effort to speak with anyone. I needed some time for myself.

I slumped down on bed while letting the bag fall down on floor. I was exhausted but moreover, I was tired of everything that was happening around. It was today morning that I found out about Zee. Then the argument followed by Mark's episode and then the big mess in dean's office. I am sure that by now all will know about what has happened. Now I will have more people looking at me with those mean looks and gossiping between themselves. Nothing good happened in the whole day other than the unnecessary headache.

I was so engrossed in my own thoughts that I didn't notice the door of my bedroom being opened. "What's making you think so much?" phi's voice made me snap out of my thoughts and look at him. "Nothing... Today seemed to be the worst day of my life." I replied. "And what makes you think so?" he asked while getting comfortable besides me. "In morning when I went to university, I just found out that Zee was actually having affair with someone. Then I was trying to be brave and ignore everything when he tried to confront me. And things went down the drain when Mark dragged me out of the canteen and then the dean's office. Today seemed like I have lived an entire life in a day." I explained.

"Bunny, think it the other way round. Today is the day when most of troubles have been taken away. You always held on to Zee without knowing his feelings for you. Today, you knew the truth and you accepted it, letting him go. Mark tried to hurt you but ended up getting expelled. He won't be able to trouble you ever again. Also, you have someone who is there to protect you. Someone to take care of you and to look after you when there is no one around. Do you still think that it was a bad day?" phi spoke.

His words did make sense. Yes, it was true that Ae was there with me all the time when I needed someone. Even when I came to know about Zee, he was the one who tried to comfort me. Even in canteen, he was the one who tried to argue with Zee just for me. Why am I being so rude to him when all he did was to make me smile?

"Bunny, sometimes we just don't want things to change but change is part of life and we should accept it. I know that you don't actually like Ae but I can tell you that he is not a bad kid. I have known him for quiet sometime when he came to office to meet his dad. He is very polite and humble and all the employees are already looking forward to have him as the future boss. I know you have been in love with Zee for quite sometime and I never objected it. But now, I don't want to see you in pain. Just let him go and move on with your life. You should learn to be happy without caring about what others have got to say." Phi tried to explain.

"Phi... It's not just about letting go. There are so many things. And also, the incident today would have been a hot topic of gossip among all. How am I even going to face others now?" I asked. It got me worried sick when I thought about going back to college. "Bunny... You seriously need someone to help you think positive. No one is going to gossip about you but rather, they would be proud because Mark got expelled from university because of you. Many have been victim of him but nobody dared to complain but today, you stood your grounds and that was enough to end this whole thing. Now all can move around freely without having to worry about someone bullying them." Phi explained.

"Hmmm... But I was not responsible for what happened. I never meant to cross path with Mark. I was just walking out of the canteen because I was depressed with the situation." I admitted. "No one is blaming you dear. The CCTV footage clearly shows who is to be blamed. Also, there won't be anymore false practices in the university." Phi replied.

"You better take some rest and stop thinking about everything. Alright?" Phi stated. "Okay... I said while moving to grab my clothes in order to change. May be I need to stop blaming myself for everything that goes wrong.