I care for you

Pete's POV:

The routine continued for a week till the wounds were healed and I could finally join back. But since the marks were still visible, I had to wear turtle neck t-shirts to hide it. As I reached the main gate, I saw Zee, Can and Peak waiting for me. "Pete!!" Zee said while stepping forward and hugging me. "Zee..." I whispered. "How are you feeling? Phi told me that you are not well." Zee said. "I am fine. Recovering slowly." I replied. I knew that my brother would not tell them the reason why I was absent. Because I myself was not ready to tell them about anything.

"Pete, what happened to you? Why did you take so long to recover?" Can asked. I didn't know what to say and thankfully, Tin appeared for my rescue. Because even before I could answer the question, Can's gaze turned to him. "Ai'Tin!! You are late!" Can accused. "I went to Ae's house. Mae had sent him something so I went to deliver." Tin replied.

Just then I saw the said person appear behind Tin. He looked a little upset but the moment he saw me, I saw his face lit up with smile. "Good morning Can, Peak, Zee and Pete..." he said while looking at all before settling his gaze on me. Everyone greeted him back except for me who stood there looking at him. "Pete, the nature club is organizing a small activity and therefore there are no lectures for four days. We are asked to go around the campus and examine the tree, find their name and uses, categorize them into medicinal, floral and all. And then, prepare name plates to hang on them." Peak explained.

"Oh... It looks quite fun." I said. Thank God I will not have to attend lectures right away. As we were informed, we headed in the direction of the auditorium where we were supposed to be gathered. The president and all other members were already gathered and talking about something. After sometime, they turned around and instructed us to get divided into groups.

Our group consisted of us four with additional Tin, Ae and another guy named Pond. We were assigned to go around and examine the plants before moving to categorize them and hang the plate. "I'll get all the required material. You wait here." Zee said as he rushed to get the stuff that was being distributed at the front. I was looking at Zee who just got disappeared into the crowd when someone whispered into my ear, "We need to talk!"

I turned around to see the person only to find Ae looking at me. I ignored him while continuing to search for Zee through the crowd. But this stubborn person was not ready to listen. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the crowd heading towards the door. He made his way out while dragging me along. I tried to protest but he turned deaf ears to my pleas and exited the door and headed to the back of the uni.

Since all were busy with the club activities, there was no one around to help me. Once we were alone at the back, he pushed me against the wall and caged me between his arms while looking at me with sharp piercing gaze. "What happened?" he asked but it sounded like he was demanding. "I don't have to tell you." I replied while trying to move away. The next moment, he slammed his hand on the wall while snarling, "Tell me what happened?" He was trying to hold back his anger that seemed to surge through his body. For some reason, I got scared as I looked at him.

I don't know why he looks at me like he was going to eat me up. His eyes were piercing through my soul trying to look at the inner me. "Why do you want to know?" I asked in a low voice. "Just tell me what happened!!" he repeated, hands forming into fists. "Nothing... I was not well." I replied. "What if I don't believe you?" he shot.

"I don't have to explain to your everything!! I don't want you to believe each and everything I tell you!! Who are you to even question me? What relation do we have? Why are you bothered about whether I am fine or not? Whether I speak the truth or not? WHY DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU!!" I yelled. He looked at me with the same piercing gaze.