A day out

Pete's POV:

It was around 5.00 pm when I finally finished my work and decided to go back home. Zee was sitting beside me all the time, dozing off while trying to read the notes. "Zee, I am done. Wake up!! Let's go home." I said while gently patting on Zee's hand. "Ummm?? You are done?" he asked while steadying himself and letting out a yawn. "Yes... It's 5.00 so let's go back home. I will finish this off so we can submit it tomorrow." I informed.

I packed my stuff and then got ready to leave. "So.... Tomorrow we are going out Okay?" Zee reminded. "I know... You don't have to keep reminding." I said. It's been a while that we went out somewhere to spend our time. "Have you told Can and Peak?" I asked. "No... Just you and me. I don't want them to tag along and create chaos. Besides, Can will invite his boyfriend Tin and there will be more people than we can imagine." Zee spoke.

"Alright... I won't let a word out." I promised. We walked to the parking lot where Zee's bike was parked. He pulled it out and started the engine and soon we were on our way back home. Since Zee had been with me, I was living a much better life. It wasn't just about the feelings but rather about everything. I was able to be myself with him rather than pretending to be the way others wanted me to.

He stopped the bike in front of my house and I immediately got off. "See you Zee. Dad will be home anytime." I said while rushing inside the house. My dad was a strict person who didn't like me going out with my friends. He would usually scold me and tell me how much trouble I caused him just because I did something. Recently, he was transferred to other town and that's why he was not able to come to trouble me. He would either arrive on Wednesday and leave the very next day early morning and then, he would come on Saturday and spent his weekend at home before leaving on Monday morning.

I entered the house and quickly got fresh before rushing to get back to my studies. The house was very quiet. My brother arrived form work and headed straight to his bedroom without saying anything. After sometime, we heard the sound of the car being pulled up into the premises and I knew right away that dad was here.

He entered the house and mom immediately rushed to take the bags. He took off his shoes before heading to the bedroom. I can see mom hastening with her work and soon walked out of the kitchen carrying a tray containing tea and snacks. She placed them on the dining table and we immediately occupied our seats. Dad walked out in sometime after having got fresh and changed his clothes.

He sat down to have tea and mom joined soon after. "Phat, how is the work going?" dad inquired. "Pretty good." My brother kept his reply short. "Pete, what about you?" he asked. "Everything is fine." I replied. "I heard someone came to drop you." He said. I almost burnt my mouth while sipping the tea. The neighbors gave me away. "Err... My friend was passing by this side so he offered me a lift." I replied.

"Don't make a habit of bringing random people to drop you. It's not healthy for our reputation." He warned. I nodded, quietly sipping my tea and not daring to look at him. As soon as I was done, I hurried back inside the bedroom and dropped the message 'Hitler' in the group chat before turning off my cell phone. My friends knew about my situation so we decided on certain code words so that they will know about the situation. Whenever dad would be at home, I would turn off my cell phone.

The next day, dad left early so I was finally able to breathe a sigh of relief. "Pete, who dropped you yesterday?" my brother inquired. "Zee..." I replied in a low tone. "Next time when he comes to drop you, ask him to stop the bike just few blocks away so that no one will be able to tell dad something. Okay?" my brother suggested. I nodded in response before hurrying to walk out of the house. I was all excited because we were finally going out today. Just me and Zee....

I boarded the usual bus and got down at the bus stop before heading in the direction of the university. Can and Peak were waiting for me at the entrance. "What happened?" they asked as soon as I reached close. "Dad was home and someone informed him about Zee dropping me. He just warned me." I replied. "Damn man!! Why he has to be so strict? Can't a friend drop his friend home? What's the big deal?" Can spoke. "I don't know Can... But he didn't seemed happy." I said. "May be he is just being a typical dad like the ones shown in dramas." Peak said. "Don't know... May be... Let's just ignore it. We have lectures to attend so let's go to the class." I said while trying to change the topic. I didn't want to think or talk about anything that would ruin my mood.