Chapter 41 - The Dinner Date

Start from the beginning

Maya gulped when she felt him just behind her with not even an inch between them. His hands were over hers literally like he was hugging her from behind. His face parallel to hers and his two days old subtle was pricking her cheeks making it red. She was trying hard to control her blush while he was casually teaching her with no reaction. For him it just looked like how he taught her to use a plastic cricket bat when she was just two and half.

Maaran: Maya Maya... he called her but did not get any reply and sighed.. Paapa.. he shook her shoulders and she turned to him jerking.

Maaran: enna aachu.. Maya just shook her head.. Move..

Maya nodded and moved forward while tapping the ball with her palm. When they reached near the net, Maya felt herself being lifted and squealed. She looked down at him who asked her to pocket the ball. She blinked like a kid before putting the ball into the net before he dropped her down carefully.

Maaran: Ipa ok va ?

Maya: Ah.. ah..

Before she could reply she noticed a girl walking to them and Maaran looked back to find the receptionist.

" Sorry for the disturbance sir the arrangements are ready "

Maaran: Thank you we will be there soon..

The receptionist nodded with a smile and left the place.

Maya: Enna arrangements?

Maaran: Va kataran..

He stretched her hands for her which she took it gracefully before following the receptionist who showed them the way to the terrace. Before a few steps to reach the terrace Maaran stopped Maya and closed her eyes.

Maya: Maara enna panra ?

Maaran: Trust me.. he whispered.

Maya's tummy did a somersault when she heard him whisper into her ears with his hot breath hitting her nape. She just nodded and moved forward while he carefully took her to the terrace.

She felt him removing her bun that let her hair free flow and untying her dupatta.

Maaran: Kanna thira..

Maya slowly blinked and adjusted her eyes to the not so bright but beautiful lighting. Her mouth fell open in surprise when she noticed the set up in front of her.

A while mattress was spread with a few pillows and a bouquet in the middle. Three sides of the mattress were covered with a white cloth in tent form with a bouquet on the top and white serial lights. The black and golden balloons were stringed to one side of the tent. A table was set in front of the mattress with hot packs placed on it along with candles. The whole terrace was filled with scented candles and bouquets and small white serial lights.

( This is the main set up filled with bouquets and candles all around without the happy birthday lighting )

Maya: Maara..