Chapter 40. Close fight.

Start from the beginning

The group's weapons were the following ones. Yasenia as we already know used her tail and her giant sword. Evelyn had a white-golden two-meter-long spear. Oliver and Gustav carried a blue war hammer and black daggers respectively.

On the other side, Cecile didn't carry a weapon because she could create hers with one skill, it was a blue and green longbow.

Angel carried a strange weapon, a big circular mirror shield! It had green adorned edges while the rest of the shield was mirror-like. She could use her glass attribute to change its properties making it stronger than any metal of the same level. Moreover, using the reflecting part of the shield, she could fire concentrated light beams or lasers with her light attribute.

Cloud beast appearance was similar to aquatic beasts, but they also had normal limbs. A lot of them also had an amphibian appearance.

It was already sunset when they were reaching the first area where some resources should appear, Evelyn saw the cloud on their right side move slightly and at the same time the formation lit up, "RIGHT!"

All of them turned right quickly and the cloud parted revealing a giant reptilian maw with some layers of serrated teeth on the outside of it. All of them dodged, and Gustav who was the closest almost got caught.

Gustav cursed, "Crap, this is like walking on an opaque sea! There are fishes that jump from the clouds all of the time!"

They looked at the beast, and it was a very big crocodile. It was 2.5 meters tall and eighteen meters from head to tail. Its black scales and red slit eyes gave it a malevolent aura. Angel shouted "Be careful! It is darkness attributed!"

Cecile said quickly, "Yasenia, Angel, and Evelyn will be main attackers, use your light and sun energies! Oliver, use your ice with me to prevent it from going inside the clouds. Gustav, use your death energy to erode it little by little! This is a middle-level rank three cloud beast, stay alert!"

All nodded and Yasenia activated her [Starry sky]. Cecile chanted "[Space Freezing gale Bow]"

A beautiful blue and green longbow appeared on her hand. "[Ice shard tornado]!" *Whoosh*

The dark beast's head got engulfed by a five meters wide uprising tornado! However, with its thick hide, this attack didn't do anything. The dark beast shook its head and destroyed the tornado. But, that attack was a distraction!

The next thing it saw was two girls approaching from each side. A giant sword aimed at its right side and a white spear towards the left one! The beast calmly used the protector membrane in the left eye *Clang!* and dodged the falling sword. While it was distracted by the frontal attacks, Oliver appeared on its side doing a raising strike with his hammer "[Rising river]!" *Bang! *

It didn't do much damage but he was able to lift its side-belly. This was enough for Cecile and Gustav to aim at his soft underbelly! An ice-arrow with green gales around it and two black daggers spreading black fumes pierced his underbelly! "Roar!"

The dark beast responded with a tail attack aiming at Gustav and Oliver who were retreating and a bite attack on Evelyn. Yasenia charged towards its tail doing a powerful vertical attack "[Sunset]!" Because the time was right it did its special exploding effect! *Boom!* Yasenia took four steps back, but the tail was repelled.

Meanwhile, Evelyn used a skill called [Light charge] and using the abrupt acceleration dodged its chomp easily. Angel who was running around setting glass marks, aimed at the opened mouth and fired a powerful light beam!

The beast felt its tail repelled and its throat being burned by a light beam. Enraged, the beast used its powerful body and tackled Yasenia. Yasenia used the [Celestial coat] full strength on her legs and tail and jumped upwards.