Chapter 3. Unexpected Meeting

Beginne am Anfang

"It's nothing like that, bro. And please don't do any kind of blunder with proposal. As you know I am not interested in marriage." Vinay strictly glared at his brother.

"Woah, chill little brother. We won't do anything without your consent." Vinod just gave his signature smirky smile.

Vinay sighed "Really, you are telling me that! Ok, then what about Reena Chech? Wont she approach mom and dad with your so-called proposal?!" Vinay glared at Vinod with the question.

(Chech – Endearment honorifics for Elder Sister / Sister-in-law)

"Ah, don't worry. She won't do something like that. Would she?!" Vinod gave a puzzled look to Vinay, completely zoning out.

Vinay just sighed "Good night, bro. I am tired, I need to sleep. Guess I have to tell mom and dad to stop your imaginative narration of my married life."

"Uh, oh, right, you do that. Good night little brother" Vinod said coming out of his trance.

Next morning.

(Menon's Residence)

(Menon's Residence)

At Menon's house.

Sonia was preparing to spend her time at the children's community. Picking her bag and phone, she was about to leave. Her mother called her from the living room siting on the sofa along with her dad.

"Sonia, where are you going? On a Sunday?!" asked her mom.

"Mom, did you forget? I had work at the children's community. Today is my schedule." Sonia explained.

"Did you forget? We have to visit your brothers' in-laws house for fixing the wedding venue and other details." Her dad explained.

"Is it today! Oh, I completely forgot about it." She sighed.

"Guess I will call Reena Chech and cancel my schedule." She picked her phone and dialled Reena's number.

"Hello!" Reena said from the other line.

"Hi, Chech! It's me, Sonia."

"Hi, I am moving to the centre, where are you?" Reena enquired.

"Sorry Chech. I wouldn't be able to come today. I have a family gathering. Please can you schedule Diya as my backup." Sonia said.

"Oh, ok. Guess we can." Reena sighed.

"Thanks, Chech. I will make it up next weekend." Sonia was relieved.

"It's ok. Take care then. Bye." Reena assured.

"Bye" said Sonia.

"Ok. It's done. When are we leaving?" Sonia asked her dad.

"In about 10 minutes." Said her dad constantly looking at his sons' room and his wristwatch.

"Don't tell me, he is not ready?!" Sonia groaned.