"Can I see ?" I ask and she raises her eyebrows.

"Hmm ?", I could somehow feel her tense next to me. 

I knew I was somehow asking for too much, but I wanted her to feel comfortable with me, and I wanted her to know that sometimes it was about her, and it was up to me to make her feel comfortable. I sit up and she watches my every move, as I crawl and sit on her lap, straddling her. I sigh, feeling her dark eyes stare at me questioningly, and I cup her cheeks and tilt my head a little staring at her.

"Your beauty is out of this world" she whispers and I smile rolling my eyes a little, she always had to exaggerate on her compliments.

"So is yours" I whisper back rubbing her cheek with my thumb and she smiles a little "Can I see ?" I ask again being careful with my words, I didn't want her to feel even the slightest bit uncomfortable.

"What do you have on me Sparks, fuck" she groans and throws her head back and I think that meant she was giving in to my request, that quick ?. "It's those eyes, I fucking swear" she says looking back up at me, a frown on her face "Fuck".

I smile a little, my hands dropping, to the hem of her blue jumper, and helping her pull it up. Inside she's wearing a long sleeved t-shirt and a short-sleeved one on top and I help her pull the one on top, taking slow steps with her. I notice her stiffen a little when it comes to the last t-shirt she's wearing. She completely freezes and I have to reconsider ever asking her this, don't get me wrong I wanted her to feel open and okay with me, but would she be after this or was I just putting too much pressure on her ?.

"Hey, are you okay ?" I ask cupping her cheek again and she nods slowly "If you don't want to, it's completely okay, it doesn't have to be today". I assure her and she looks at me deeply and stays quiet as if having a serious conversation with herself.

"No, it's okay" she sighs, avoiding eye contact with me, and I knew apart from not wanting anyone to see her scars, she was also a bit insecure, it was pretty obvious. My hands drop to the hem of her t-shirt and this time she let's me pull it up without her help. I pull it up her head, exposing her binded chest and without looking at me, she leans back on the couch, unzipping the binder a little to expose, what looked like a stitched up cut, right above her left breast. It looked like a knife wound ?, I couldn't really tell and wanted to know the story behind it just like the one on her neck. My hand reaches out and I let my finger brush the rough skin there, studying the slight dark mark of the stiches and the white skin. I look up at her and find her staring at me, this weird look in her eyes.

"What happened ?" I whisper and she smiles slightly.

"Mission gone wrong" she answers simply and I am left wondering whether her dad did this or someone else.

"Was it him ?" I ask and she shakes her head, then points to the left side of her stomach close to her waist, where I notice her skin is slightly darker.

"I got that in a fight, and it was close to healing but I kind of pissed him off one day and..." she shrugs looking away and I frown knowing what was coming next. "I don't know, he lost his cool and kind of pushed me against a table... it hurt like hell" she explains her eyes widening and imagining a young her going through that, brings me close to tears.
"There are a few more on my back and legs" she explains and I just look at her, feeling this anger come over me suddenly. How did she go through all that and is still here, alive, I don't really blame her for running away, nothing else could be done then. She had to be one of the strongest people I knew, and her sitting here just looking at me, seeming unbothered with this unreadable expression made me want to do everything to just make it all upto her. I wanted her to feel cared for, I wanted her to know her importance. I wanted to make her feel special.