You're in control.

"Damn, I am so proud of you" my dad smiled nodding his head "You putting yourself out there like that, that's some boss shit and that assures me of a bright future for you and the family name". He walks around his office, pours himself some whiskey, in one of the glasses set on the stool next to his whiskey bottle. Then he eyes me "You want ?".

I slowly shook my head and he frowned "Cammon don't be uptight like that, let loose" he encouraged.

Yes Nik was the type to get his 17 year old daughter drunk or even his 11 year old to try out smoking cause its 'fun'.

"Dad" I called him slowly rocking in his chair. I called it 'The big boy chair' because it was made of leather, comfortable, big and only he sat on it.

"Yes ?" he slides a glass of whiskey my way and leans against the big boy desk to give me his 'curious Dad eye'.

"I'm turning 18 tomorrow" I tell him slowly tracing the glass quarter filled with whiskey that was still on his desk.

"I know and I am excited about that" his dark, grey eyes smiled along with him and I stopped rocking on the chair and sat upright.

"You are ?" he was never excited about anything unless it benefited him, so how did this benefit him ?.

"Of course I am" he chuckled and got close to my face "Drink that" he whispered, referring to the whiskey, his breath reeking of cigar and whiskey. I noded not wanting to ruin the moment, he seemed to be in a good mood and I didn't wanna piss him off. I took the glass in my hand, taking a small sip then shutting my eyes tight as the drink went down my throat burning all it's way until it got to my stomach and settled there. Why would anyone drink this ?

"Oh shit" I winced "Why ?" I asked him my voice a bit tight and opened my eyes then cleared my throat. He moved back and laughed.

"Because Allison.. You can now work for me exclusively, work with me" he explained. And there it was. His dumb benefit.

"I've worked for you since I was like 15" I frowned. I just wanted a normal party, to hung out with my friends and there he was making it about him.

"It won't be the same" he looked away and walked behind me, I stood up to face him.

"What do you mean ?" I pushed my hair back in frustration and he shook his head then gestured for me to move so he could sit on his chair and I remained standing.

"Allison you being 18 means you can take on bigger responsibilities, carry on the name Forbes-".

"What the fuck are you saying bigger responsibilities ?, I take on bigger responsibilities everyday" I defended, it was never enough for him. Nope. He wanted more, even after I took someone's.. Ugh. The thought of it still bothers me, I can't even say it.. I haven't been able to sleep properly for weeks for fuck sake, and here he is acting like I haven't been doing anything for him.

"Now watch your fucking mouth Allison" he pointed me, and I could hear the warning in his tone "I'm the only one who gets to cuss around here" he said watching me closely, his eyes squinted and never breaking eye contact. I tried to play brave and looked right into his dark eyes.

"Then what do you mean ?" I asked my jaw clenched.. I felt furious, drained, tired.

"I mean you get to do more, travel to other places expand this business" he explained as he lit his cigar between his lips.

I moved back the other side of the desk to avoid physical contact of any kind before I spoke.

"Do more ?!, Dad I just want a normal teenage party, where I get to have fun is that too much to ask ?", I tried maintaining eye contact with him but failed and instead rubbed my eyes with my fore-finger and thumb in distress.