Enchanted.(F)

What: Based on the cute date I had recently.

How long could Chaeyoung pretend to read a single page of a book as she waited patiently for her date to arrive? She could feel her hands grow clammy, as the nerves took over and her sweat clung to her fingers.

She had been on several dates before this, each not quite meeting the standard she had expected. So, she wasn't sure what to think of the date ahead this evening, watching the people pass by the cafe, engaging in conversation.

She wanted to pretend that she absorbed every letter, every word written on the page, like she was drawn into the story line itself. But she wasn't.

Her eyes just wandered about the page as she read Where the Crawdad's Sing. Her mind could only race to wonder.

'What's this Mina like anyways? How tall is she? Is she as pretty as her pictures? What if she sees me and decides I'm too short?' The thoughts came racing to mind.

She glimpsed up as she saw feet planted on the ground a foot away from her table. That's odd,  a stranger just standing in her wake.

She looked up and caught the eyes of a slender, tall woman with black hair. Instantly, as catching the sight of the woman's face,  a wave of shock flushed over Chaeyoung's face. She was much prettier in person.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to scare you." The woman said, referring to when she had waved at Chaeyoung as she read her book to catch her attention.

Chaeyoung pondered on the words to say next as there came a tint of blush on her cheeks and gloss of sparkle in her eyes- as if she had never seen the sights of such a beautiful person.

Of course, the dating app they met on couldn't do justice to her appearance in real life. Chaeyoung was simply wonderstruck.

"Oh, no it's okay. How are you?" Chaeyoung asked.

How are you? What a basic question to ask as if there's nothing else to say. As if every word in the English language had become absent in question. How was the woman?

"I'm good. We should probably head inside as I know you haven't eaten much today." The woman said.

'Gosh...Mina remembered.' Chaeyoung thought as she recalled having told the woman a slight fib that the only meal, she would be eating was dinner.

She followed in pursuit as Mina walked into the cafe, confidence in her stride as she held the door open for Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung was instantly smittened as she hadn't had a girl hold a door for her before, she, being the gentlewoman she was, to do so.

When they had entered the cafe, with familiar insight with the establishment, Chaeyoung had noticed right away that the menus were gone. She couldn't bring herself to state the obvious of just asking for the menu when she knew what she wanted.

All she could focus on was the way Mina chose to stand close to her, looking at the handwritten menu above on the wall, looking for something fruity of a crepe to eat. Chaeyoung was certain with what she wanted, never faltering from her usual as the usual often prompted a panic.

"I think I'll get something sweet. I couldn't help myself and made some ramen before coming." Mina said, looking at the sweet crepes above. Chaeyoung let out a gasp, a smile appearing on her face.

"I love ramen!" She said.

Mina smiled, having had glanced at Chaeyoung briefly before looking at the menu once more. Chaeyoung looked as well, copying the woman's actions.

She was silent as she found herself blindly following Mina, nodding as the woman suggested they get mimosas for dinner. The mention of alcohol with such a savory meal had made the younger woman smile in agreement.