"Jamari," she whispered, her voice a hush as she stared into the baby's sightless eyes. "I shall call you Jamari."

Turning sharply, she was met with the sight of the sorceress Marcella standing behind her. The Queen's grip tightened protectively around the infant as she looked at Marcella with suspicion.

"You cannot keep her, Your Majesty," Marcella said with a straight face. The Queen's heart started racing, and she felt a sudden urge to run with her child.

"How did you learn of this child so quickly?" the Queen asked, eyeing Marcella warily.

"I am more powerful than you realize. Hand over the child," Marcella ordered.

The Queen's heart sank as she looked down at the precious newborn, feeling nothing but protectiveness and love. "This child is mine," she muttered.

Marcella's face twisted with anger. "The child is a grave threat to konica and must be destroyed. Give her to me at once."

But the Queen refused to be intimidated. She had suffered through the pain of childbirth and would not give her child to anyone, especially not to a sorceress who saw her baby as a threat. "I endured so much pain to bring this child into the world. I will not surrender her to you,"

Marcella's eyes blazed with fury as she glared at the newborn in the Queen's arms. "That child is a monster!" she growled, her voice filled with venom.

The Queen's voice trembled with fear as she spoke, "My child is not a monster."

Marcella could see the terror on the Queen's face, but she knew she had a duty to fulfill. "You are carrying a Vedan baby, Your Majesty. It must be killed," she insisted.

The Queen's heart shattered into a million pieces as she clutched the infant tightly to her chest, desperately pleading for her child's life.

"My baby is not a Vedan. Vedans are evil, and my baby is not. Please, do not take her away from me," she begged, her voice breaking with emotion.

Marcella's expression softened slightly as she remembered something important. "The prophecy, Your Majesty," she said gravely, "you are destined to die today."

The Queen's face turned pale with shock as she realized the gravity of the situation. Her mind raced as she contemplated the fate of her child, her heart heavy with the thought of her own death.

Marcella felt pity for the Queen at that moment, but there was still one thing she could do to help. With a deep breath, Marcella took a step forward and placed a hand on the Queen's shoulder. "There is one way you can save yourself, Your Majesty," she said softly, her eyes locking with the Queen's.

Marcella's voice was gentle as she explained the Queen's options. "The gods have given you a choice, Your Majesty. You can choose to save your own life, but it will come at the cost of your child's. Her heart will be pierced with a blade, and her blood will soak into the white silk that cradles her. The silk will be set ablaze, and the flames will reach the gods."

The Queen's mind raced with the horrific image of her baby being sacrificed in such a brutal manner. She gasped, unable to hold back the tears that flooded her eyes.

"And what if... what if I choose the baby?" she asked, her voice trembling.

"If you choose the baby, Your Majesty, she will be safe from harm, and you will give up your own life instead," Marcella replied, her eyes filled with sadness and understanding. "You will die in her place, and your soul will join the ranks of the gods."

Queen Marie gazed down at the tiny bundle of warmth nestled in her arms, marveling at the perfection of her little fingers and toes. Her small chest rose and fell with each breath, unaware of the sadness in her mother's heart.