CHAPTER ONE

FORMER TITLE

Was known as crowns of shadows but it is now royal darkness

WARNING:

if you are not comfortable with slow burn, violence, drama, fantasy world and smut, please don't read this.

                           CREDIT:

I do not take credit for any of the pictures used in this. I found most of them on Pinterest

                    COPYWRITE

This book is owned by me, LICIA Tife, and its original title is 'Royal Darkness (Masked).' If found anywhere else besides Webnovel and Wattpad, please send me an email ladegatife422@gmail.com. Thanks ☺️

                     NOTE

Please note that this is my first fantasy book, so please don't take it too seriously. There might be some inaccuracies, but I encourage you to enjoy the story nonetheless. I admit that I didn't conduct proper research in some cases; rather, I wrote it fueled by my creativity. This work is purely fictional and purely fantasy, so it should not be taken too seriously

Please also check out my other book "save me from my husband"

.
.
.
.
As the Queen lay there in agony, the midwife leaned in closer to her and whispered, "Push a little harder, Your Majesty... You can do this."
The pain was excruciating, and it felt like it was tearing her apart from the inside out. But the Queen was determined to see this through, no matter the cost. The prophecy had foretold her death, but she refused to let that stop her from bringing her child into the world.

"I don't think I can go on," she gasped, her breaths coming in short, ragged gasps.

"You can do this, Your Majesty," the midwife replied, her voice filled with reassurance. "Just try. I believe in you... Do it for your baby."

Rivulets of sweat trickled down the Queen's forehead, a testament to the intense physical exertion she had undergone. The pain was excruciating, every muscle in her body straining as she pushed with all her might.

For a moment, she felt like she was slipping away, that the doors of heaven were opening just for her. But then a faint smile appeared on her lips as she closed her eyes, inhaled deeply, and made the decision to give it one more push.

Summoning every last bit of strength and determination within her, she pushed with all force, determined to bring her baby into the world no matter what. It felt like an eternity, but finally, the cries of a newborn filled the room, a sound both beautiful and heart-wrenching.

The Queen took a deep breath, overwhelmed with emotion, before collapsing back onto the bed, her body drained of energy. It was a moment of pure, unadulterated joy, tempered only by the knowledge that her time on this earth was limited.

But then, as the midwife took the newborn, something changed. The midwife's once ecstatic expression turned to horror as she stared at the creature before her, her hands trembling with shock and disbelief.

Monster!" she cried out, "Vedan!"
The midwife, unable to contain her fear any longer, dropped the baby into the cradle and ran out of the room, screaming in terror. The queen struggled to stand, her legs weak with exhaustion from the birthing process. She made her way over to the cradle, her heart racing with anticipation and concern for her newborn.