𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐄

(TW: brief mention of homophobia, maybe some errors because I'm half-asleep right now??)

third person pov

"He...pushed her down the stairs?" Theo slowly asks, standing in a circle with Blaise and Whitman near a corridor wall. "He pushed her down the stairs?"

"For the fourth fucking time, yes." Whitman spat, head turning in different directions amongst the crowd, attempting to find Mattheo. "They got in a fight on our dormitory stairs. She disappeared right after."

"Rose would like me to remind you both it was an accident, they fought and he pushed her away." Blaise cut in while adjusting his coat, "But—I think we should all beat his face in regardless. None of the professors are in this corridor anyways."

"That's not a fucking accident." Theo gritted his teeth together but then he spotted Mattheo with a few Slytherin boys, laughing as if nothing had happened.

And Theo saw red.

Dropping his bag to the floor, instantly pushing through bodies of students until reaching Mattheo. He grabbed onto boy's shoulder, roughly turning Mattheo toward himself. "I should've killed you when I had the chance!" Theo spat in the Riddle's face.

Mattheo tried backing up but Theo kept following him, "It was an accident! Get the fuck away from me, Nott!"

"She was your girlfriend, you worthless piece of shit!" Theo yelled, taking a fistful of Mattheo's shirt, reverently pressing him. "That's how you treat her after everything?!"

Mattheo sneered, letting the boy stay in his face. "Yeah? Like you treated her any better?"

Theo froze for a moment, head tilting as he releases Mattheo forcefully. If there was anything to not be said right then, that would be it.

Mattheo straightened himself out, seeming to think it was over until Theo looks as if he's about to raise his fist. Mattheo goes to step back in avoidance but Whitman is suddenly grabbing his shoulders, yanking his arms behind his back.

"You can be defenseless—just like she was." Whitman whispered in his ear, and at the very same moment Theo's fist goes straight into Riddle's gut. Sending Mattheo lurching forward, fighting in Whitman's grip that would never break.

And then it's a blur of Theo's fist slamming into Mattheo's face. Once, twice, three times—over and over until a crack rings out. Except Theo doesn't stop, he's relentless.

Hitting, and hitting Mattheo as if possessed by something twisted.

By the time Blaise pulls Theo back Mattheo's face is unrecognizable, covered in gushing blood.

"That's enough." Blaise commands calmly, holding onto Theo until the boy stops moving. "Let him lay on the floor like he deserves."

Theo shot Whitman a curt nod, and all at once Whitman let go of Mattheo, who toppled onto the ground. Blaise pushed away an upcoming student as Theo and Whitman knelt by Mattheo's head.

Whitman hovered over his face. Beginning to speak darkly, "You stay the fuck away from her,"

"She's ours—not yours or anyone else's, you got that?!" Theo spat harshly, yanking Mattheo off the ground slightly by his collar. "You ever come near her again and I'll cut your fucking spine out and strangle you with it!"