𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐔𝐒

(p.s this is super unedited and is two chapters combined)

third person pov

' eyes like sinking ships
on waters so inviting
i almost jump in'

Yaxley Manor is beautiful, oddly enough. Appearing even more so while considering the half-moon laid high in the sky, massive vines wrapping around each corner of the bricked home. So, after Rose apparated onto the doorstep with a swirling headache from flooing all the way from France to Zabini manor, and then apparating here, she took a few seconds to admire the place.

But then the ground stopped feeling as if it shook, and Rose began harshly pounding on the door, not stopping until Augustus Rookwood swung it open.

"Merlin, Rosalie.." He mutters, politely bowing his head and stepping to the side. "The dark lord is waiting, but I'm sure we can assume him and the whole of England heard you."

She rolled her eyes while walking into the foyer, gaze catching onto the chandelier above as Augustus shut the door. He steps in front of her, gesturing forward.

"This way, Rosalie."

Letting herself be guided, he led her into the left entryway. Rose immediately spotted Voldemort sitting at the head of a long table, Corbin Yaxley to his left.

"I can take it from here." whisper Rose toward Augustus, waiting until he walks away before leaning against the doorframe. "Miss me, my lord?" She calls, snapping the attention onto herself.

Voldemort stared through her. "You bring news, Rosalie?"

She holds up a folded letter. "No actually, fanmail." A laugh escapes her lips as his eyes roll, and she pushes off the framing, walking straight to Voldemort. Stopping right beside his chair, Rose lays the parchment flat down onto the table. "From your biggest fan of course, Albus Dumbledore."

The dark wizard's eyes follow her every move, contemplating her death as she sits down. "Do you find your humor worth losing your life?"

She cocks an eyebrow, propping her head up with a hand. "Kill me, my lord. You'd be doing me a mythical favor."

All of the sudden, Voldemort's hand shoots out, grasping her chin. She instantly swats him away, scandalized by the force in which he did so.

"Don't touch me!"

He stays unfazed, blinking as he looks into her eyes. "Are you intoxicated?"

"It's called weed!" She snaps sassily, "I get you're like a thousand years old and immortal but...people smoke. It's a normal thing."

His eye twitches, and then he huffs while picking up the letter. "I know what that is, Rosalie. It is just unacceptable behavior, and frankly a disgusting habit."

Ignoring him as he takes to reading the letter, Rose focuses on Yaxley, giggling to annoy the men. "How have you been, Yaxley? Excited to be working with me?"

Yaxley sneers in retaliation, moving to stand up, only to be forced back down by Voldemort's magic without him having to look up.

Now that is a trick Rose needs. "You'll have to teach me how to do that, it would be helpful when dealing with your dogs."

Voldemort lifts his head, sliding the letter over to Yaxley. "You must agree with Dumledore."

She begins excessively tapping her finger on the table. "Do I have to? I am liable to kill my sperm donor if he stays in my home."