𝐏𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐘

(p.s. this chapter is super short and meant to be a set up for the next one and it's honestly sad but  don't let it make it you sad because we've had enough of that to the point where I cannot bear it anymore, okay? okay!)

draco pov

' tried to change the ending,
peter losing wendy'

Anxiety? Yes. Crippling actually. Honestly at this point in my life I should just have the condition scribbled atop my own forehead because it control every decision I make in the most literal sense. Rosie had been good, in a way. She was giggling and smiling, not putting a wall between herself and our group. Well, there still laid a wall of sorts, her eyes hallowing out when no one seemed to be looking. Distance she kept by clinging onto Mattheo and letting him place her in solitude, clearly trying to avoid Theo and myself.

But she's okay, somewhat, and that's the only that truly matters.

And when Rosie is okay, she does not miss class.

Never.

While this wouldn't seem like cause for concern to most people, it definitely is when it came to her.

This morning she ran late because Bowie gave Nyx a small fever, promising to be at breakfast after stopping by the hospital wing. All of us tried to offer her company but she refused, of course. That was the last time she was seen.

Suddenly Snape is walking up to us just as breakfast is about to end and demanding, not telling, that we attend all of us classes before checking on Rosie. When asked what happened he simply said 'she came down with a fever' and 'Miss Black has asked to be left alone'.

The fuck?

A fever?

We all undoubtably tried escaping every class and failed miserably each time because Snape would appear out of thin air. Literal thin air. I mean, it got to the point I thought about chunking my cauldron at his head.

By the time dinner rolled around we were all freed to go see her, the others heading to the hospital wing incase she went there while I discreetly headed off to the dorm.

Am I smarter than them?

Yes.

Stepping onto my dormitory steps, I stopped short upon spotting Adrian Pucey slide out from our door.

Adrian pushed his hair back before taking note of me, halting a step above myself. He lets out a heavy sigh, rolling his eyes.

Me other hand, well, I can only manage a disgusted glance before stepping by him to grab the doorknob. "What are you doing in my dorm?"

He turns toward me, voice blank as always. "I don't think that's any of your business considering other people share that room with you, hm?"

My thin patience is a curse because I cannot help from how quickly my eyes snap over to him, "Spill it Pucey or so help me, I will curse you into oblivion."

Adrian shrugged, leaning his shoulder against the wall. "Have you ever thought of hopping off the poor girl's back? She can barely breathe—quite literally"