𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍

(ps. to the girl who keeps copying my story and plotline, leave me alone!!)

third person pov

' one step forward
and three steps back '

The return to Hogwarts was something else in itself, Rose spent another two weeks at Saint Mungos before being released and had gained a considerable amount of weight from the shakes the mediwitches were forcing down her throat. Although they had to all travel to Grimmauld first, spending a night there for the full moon and then one extra day for Whitman to gain a semblance of strength after a rough transformation.

When the group of five arrived in the great hall on Friday afternoon all they received were piercings stares and whispers, something many would argue they were almost too comfortable with. Luna had ran across the hall, throwing her petite arms around Rose and hugging the girl until she began choking.

They ate dinner, they laughed and everything felt okay for the first time in a month. As always, the boys welcomed Luna over with open arms, never protesting their odd girls presence.

Respectfully Hermione stayed back until Rose stood up from eating dinner, running over and swooping the girl away for a night in Gryffindor tower. She groaned and grumbled the whole way up, although Rose adored Hermione she wanted to be with Whitman tonight. The full moon was only two days ago and he was going through a lot of pain.

Hermione shoved Rose into the dorm which was adorned with shades of maroon, her back pressing against the door to make sure there was no escape.

"Fuck sake" Rose huffed and tossed Nyx onto the bed before stripping her school clothes off with earnest, Hermione gesturing to the old trunk that was filled with Rose's clothes for when she stayed.

The Black shot up her middle finger to the girl, taking out an old knitted sweater and sweatpants, sliding them up sluggishly before flopping down onto Hermione's bed with the utmost dramatic flair.

She was exhausted, purely exhausted.

Just as Rose went to pull the covers over herself, Hermione jumped onto the bed with wide eyes. "Rose!"

"I'm tired Mione" Rose says while groaning.

Laying down by her, Hermione pulled the comforter over them, turning to look up at the ceiling breathlessly. "Can you like someone who has been awful to you?"

Rose flipped on her side as Hermione was basically pushing her off the bed, shoving down her throbbing headache at the realization her best friend had clearly needed her recently. "Depends, you know? Obviously it couldn't be someone whose called you slurs or harassed you....it's not Parkinson is it? I heard she likes girls but you must know there are plenty of lesbians in the Wizarding world"

"Merlin no!" Hermione gasped, "She's a blood supremacist and I have no respect for her!"

"Thank Salazar" Rose breathed out, tucking an arm under the pillow. "Sooo...I guess just think about like this. There's some people who don't deserve our forgiveness, right? If someone's been awful to you in a way where they are aiming to make you feel inferior and cause you mental issues—then no you can't like someone like that but then again why would you? Love isn't supposed to make you feel small at any stage in friendship or hate or anything"