𝐇𝐎𝐆𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒

rose pov

' and I've never felt more alone
it feels so scary getting old '

It was finally time to leave for Hogwarts, I used to look forward to this day so much. I would be out of this house, away from Walburga and the memories that clouded our home.

Today is not one of those days.

I was always talented at putting on a brave face and keeping my head held high regardless of what was happening or being said around, but today I felt the world sitting on my chest.

I didn't think I could ever mentally prepare for the whirlwind I would have to face going back to school. It was already difficult being the daughter of a deranged murder, whispers following my every move about being the result of someone considered Voldemort's most loyal followers. But add in being the granddaughter of the infamously rich Walburga Black—renowned for being an all powerful and merciless woman....people were bound to be terrified of me even if I was as kind as a Hufflepuff.

Which I wasn't, I'm an asshole.

Proud to be one actually.

Now Sirius Orion Black is out, he's running around somewhere probably plotting my murder or planning to attempt kidnapping. And Merlin knows people are going to try to treat me as if I helped the man escape. I assume they'll think a freshly sixteen year old girl could help someone get out of Azkaban, bullshit.

With the passing of my high-profile grandfather added on and the inability to grieve...let's just say I had more and more adding on top of my chest.

That's how I found myself on the verge of a panic attack as I stood in front my mirror once again. I straighten out my leather jacket and reach down for my red bag, stuffing a extra pack of cigarettes in.

I look myself over once more and take the wand out of my hair to throw into my purse, letting the black waves flow freely

I didn't feel like dealing with Walburga pestering me over hair.

Stupid bitch.

Glancing over to the left of my mirror, I speak in parseltounge to Nyx who was curling on the floor. "Come on, we have to hurry if we want to beat the crowd"

Nyx lifts her head up to look me up and down, "I love your outfit—besides the snake purse for obvious reasons"

"Excuse you?! It's not real and you know it!" I roll my eyes as I point down at her, "Monet has managed to make high fashion cruelty free"

"So your paying a ton of galleons for something that should be cheap from a shop?"

I bend down and outstretch my hand to her with a smirk, "I could go get a cheap one but I wouldn't be caught dead in anything not designer"