𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐈𝐍𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 "𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄"

(p.s. things are truly going to get much happier soon i pinky. i just felt it is necessary to understand that some of the characters have truly witnessed the worst of the worst from one another and still whole heartedly loved one another because who doesn't want that kind of representation? It's also important to understanding the relationship held between everyone but rose is going to get a lot better and go back to herself <3 this is one of my least favorite chapters so just bare with me, I barely slept yesterday lol)

third person pov

' they told me all of my
cages were mental '

Trauma.

It comes in different forms.

It haunts you.

Hangs around your neck as a noose would. Every time you try take a step forward to get better, you walk closer to the edge. The rope tightens and it feels as if you're suffocating.

At least that's what Rose thinks, or maybe there is no poetic form about suffering. She couldn't bare that truth though.

It was the day of the first task for the Triwizard Tournament. Theo and Blaise had left in the morning to head for the kitchens, everyone agreeing they'd ask the elves for some food and have breakfast in the dorm all together instead of the Great Hall. The mission took longer than planned since they ran into Fred and George while there, Blaise talking up a storm to Fred until Theo finally demanded the food would be cold if they waited another minute.

"Hey Theo," Blaise began as they walked up the steps to their dorm.

Theo looked over at him oddly, "Hey Blaise? You realize we've been together all morning?"

"Fuck off—you know what I meant" Blaise laughs and draws a slight twitch to Theo's lips. "I just...do you like Fred?"

"He's cool I guess" Theo shrugged back, "But my opinion doesn't matter. I don't care who you're with as long as they aren't judging you for being you. Couldn't let anyone dull that personality, huh?"

"Hm..." Blaise raises an eyebrow as the bag of bagels move around in his arms. "I don't think he judges me? Besides, I could change that about him if it were the case..."

"Judgmental people make me feel sick—you shouldn't try to change that type or want a relationship if that's the case" Theo starts to ramble mindlessly while trudging up the never ending steps. "Means they have no imagination or ability to see both sides, but Fred doesn't seem like that anyways, he's too artistic even if it's with stupid inventions. He's creative and inventive, right? Those people aren't the judging type. I'd take a wacky mind over intelligence or pride any day of the week."

"Are you calling Fred dumb?"

"Is that seriously all you took from that?" Theo laughs in disbelief, "I mean—he kind of is but the belief we need someone to match our intelligence is idiotic in itself. All that matters is he matches your wit day to day, not who can read the most books or speak most the facts about the world"

Blaise's shoulders roll back in thought, Theo would always be the wisest of them. "I'm not that smart either"

"You are smart Blaise, don't talk yourself down." Theo affirmed, "You just don't apply yourself in school and that's fine, if Goyle gave it his all even he could make top marks. Scores don't really mean anything, you could be the most intelligent student and not know a damn thing about anything else."

"Yeah...." Blaise drags out and Theo can't miss the way his chin lifts slightly from gained confidence, "I'm street smart"

Theo looks over with thick brows furrowed, "The fuck does that mean?"