𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐁𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃, 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐁𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑

third person pov

' it's not like me to be so mean
you're all I wanted '

For the three days following Rose freaking out on everyone, she did not move from bed. She never really knew the mania was happening until after doing something awful and it would send her into a depression spiral. The fall didn't come slowly, instead she'd go from the top of the world to the deepest pits.

Today is Monday and all the boys skipped out on classes with her. They didn't say anything mean nor harsh, only lounged in her big bed and read with the exception of Blaise who slept. Theo made an appointment for Rose to get her medication refilled tomorrow while Whitman explained everything to Dumbledore who offered them his floo.

She knew what was coming.

The depression.

But as everyone fell asleep around six pm, Rose finally woke up to a letter being dropped by her head.

Signed and dated by a Theodore Nott Sr.

The letter made her physically throw up along with a horrendous panic attack before writing a messy note for Theo to meet her at the astronomy tower when he awakened.

She now stood at the very top of the tower. Icy air of the coming winter made a flush creep up her neck, wind whipping against the tired limbs covered in a knitted sweater.

At least she can breath up here.

Rose has cried for so long both eyes sting with remnants of anguish. All she is capable of is reading the parts of the long, very long letter that stick out.

' I ended up buying that file from Burke, your PI, to protect you since there are no adults left to do so. Something unexpected laid inside. I know of your infertility and apologize... '

' But you cannot be a wife and not make heirs...'

' You've ruined your public image '

' The sad truth is you are not the one men marry... '

' A girl of such mental caliber should be with one of her own, I've heard of you recent suitor Mattheo Riddle. Keep courting that boy. You will not speak of this letter to Theodore and you will put a very large distance between the two of you if you wish no harm to be done unto him. '

' I forbid you from every pursing anything with my son... '

' Theodore might carry a strong power but we both very well know my son is no match against me. If you do not follow my instructions then his life will becoming a labyrinth of pain. One you will be responsible for and.... '

Maybe in different state of mind Rose would never accept this. She'd march into Nott Manor and show the senior that he could never separate her from Theo.

But she laid in a deep pit of self-hatred and pity. Only leading to her believing every word. She wasn't fit to ever be married, not even for a minute. Her inability to bear children was a curse she should never force another into dealing with from simply loving her. So many other things that made her the wrong person for anyone.