𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐆𝐎 𝐁𝐔𝐌𝐏 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

(TW: rose struggling with multiple issues?
side note: since the ages are different for the years, and this is stated at the beginning of the book, you will see the group referring to fifth, sixth, and seventh year as uni years!!)

third person pov

' and I was so young
when I behaved
twenty five '

Draco watches, as he has most of life, Rose from afar. He stands in one of the opened french doors, inside the art room, not facing the ocean but the flower field. She might be depressed, but by the name of Merlin he swears she looks too free to feel such. From the white gown straight out of a painting, to her bare feet pressed into the earth; something that reminds him of her youth. 

His arms cross because this is relaxing to witness, and he leans further into the framing as a warm breeze hits his cheeks.

In the distance, Blaise sits on the edge of the flowers. Rose picks a flower like one would a weed, and then she bends down to Blaise's level–placing it behind his ear. He gives her a smile as bright as the stars, and he says something to her that Draco cannot make out from this far away.

But then Rose stands up again, offers her hand to Blaise, and suddenly the two are walking through the field together.

Not out of sight though.

Truthfully, the pair moves very slow, heads turning every so often in conversation.

Regulus settles next to Draco. "Any lucky?" He asks, joining in on the watching.

"She's still only speaking to Blaise," mutters Draco, "I mean...she can't even look me in the eye."

"You are a reminder of him."

Him, Theo.

Regulus seems to be against using the name.

Draco scoffs, and glances over. "And Blaise is not?"

"Their bond is different, one you will never understand." Regulus says, "The promise made in Italy," He goes on, "Rosie told me. She swore, to give you both security, that if things ended with one of you, then it ended with the other. These promises, Draco, they create vows. Either way, Rosie will stay true to her word–even more so with Theo unwilling going missing. She will not go on with you if she does not have him," He reclines his back on the framing, completely focusing on Draco. "Disregarding all of that, all of you, Blaise included, are a reminder of the gaping hole now in your group. The reason, I believe, she will be by Blaise is because he will not encourage her to feel better."

Draco's brows pinch together. "That is what she needs though,"

"But it is not what she wants," Regulus answers cooly. "Blaise is not blinded by his love for her as you so deeply are. She will suffer, and it will be hard for him, but he can push through. You and Whitman cannot."

"I'm scared," Draco confesses, "That Theo will never come back. Whit, he thinks it too. His father is bad, Regulus, in ways you don't understand."

"He will be back," promises Regulus, "I'm going to find him."

For a split second, Draco looks over his shoulder, staring at the papers scattered around the floor. So many maps, spells more ancient than time itself, all these things failing to help Rose find Theo. "She's manic." He says, meeting Regulus's eyes. "The medicine doesn't make it go away, just less intense. She's not sleeping, eating, or even taking five seconds to breathe."

He places his hand on Draco's arm, and before the blonde can think, Regulus is hugging him.

For some reason, Draco lets him.