𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐊𝐄𝐘

third person pov

' real sweet
but I wish you were sober '

The hospital wing was located on the first floor, within the room were many rows of beds with white sheets, privacy screens, and bedpans.

Today there was no occupancy in the room except for one.

Rose Black busted through the heavy double doors, rushing to the back where only one bed had curtains around it-a perfect signal of where Draco Malfoy was.

As she began to open the curtains, Rose settled on settled yelling at Draco in the process. "Salazar Malfoy! I'm going to murder you! Giving me a heart attack on the first-"

Rose is stopped mid-sentence as she looked at the scene before her. Draco was propped up in the bed with his shirt off, a worried Madam Pomprey shaking her head as she dabbed the wide gash on his arm and stomach.

But what truly made her stop was the people around him, Rose feeling caught almost.

Dumbledore stood at the end bed, on the right side with his hands in front of him, giving her a smug smirk with mischief written all over his face. Snape stood next to the headmaster with arms crossed and the same bored expression he always carried except he was now carefully studying Rose over. Then there was the matter Mcgonagall standing behind Madam Pomprey, fighting a smile off her face. Lastly Hagrid, right by the head of Gryffindor with the focus of not crying.

Rose dropped both their bags onto the floor with a thud, "I just ran more than I have in years and you are perfectly fine! Unbelievable!"

All the professors are still wearing the same expression as Rose looks around at them, "Why are you all looking at me like that?"

Mcgongall put her hand over her mouth to cover up the laugh that slips out, Dumbledore choosing to speak first.

"I think we are all just shocked to see you running to aid your enemy"

Rose scoffs at the way he said enemy, taking the wand out of her hair and throwing it down onto the bed before pushing past Snape and Dumbledore as Pomprey put a purple potion on Draco's stomach.

The substance makes him scream in pain, Rose instantly latching onto his hand. Draco shot her a grateful look and squeezed her cold palm tightly.

"This is gonna hurt again dear" Madam Pomprey said, a grimace on her face at his pain.

Rose brushed the white hair on his forehead back, whispering softly. "Just look at me Draco"

Draco nodded, looking in her eyes as the mediwitch began to pour the healing potion into the arm gash this time. His body jerked forward, Rose gently pushing it back down with her free hand.

When the pain subsided Draco let out a rush of air, Rose following suit as her eyes darted around his own for any signal he was not being properly taken care of-ready to scold the mediwitch.

Dumbledore's voice breaks them out of their trance, "It was very brave of you to stand in front of Mister Malfoy without hesitation"

Draco and Rose both turn their heads toward him, the latter speaking in defense immediately. "I-I don't-"

"I never thought I'd see the day you ran out of words" Snape said, watching in amusement.

Mcgongall is unable to kept herself from laughing behind her palm now, Dumbledore simply flashing them a bright smile as he nods down at Rose and Draco's intertwined fingers.

Draco sneers at them, "What is up with you people?"

Dumbledore kept smiling, "Well it seems you are still holding hands, Mister Malfoy"