𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐃𝐋𝐄?

third person pov

' times changed '

It was finally starting to feel like winter at Hogwarts even if it was only October with Halloween approaching, an important day.

Rose's all time favorite holiday.

Her and Luna had been off feeding the thestrals, just arriving back. Rose was in fact a wreck, her hair pinned back messily with her wand and a large streak of dirt across her cheek as she ran into the great hall while holding onto Luna's hand.

When they entered the two departed to separate tables. Rose had made a pit stop though, pausing by the Gryffindor table and saluting the trio dramatically-only getting eye rolls in return except from Harry who stood up and saluted her right back.

After shooting him a firm nod, Rose made her way to the Slytherin table, dropping down in between Theo and Whitman. Blaise and Draco were across, both studying her ruffled state.

All conversations ceased at her appearance before Rose slammed her hand down on the table frantically, "Where in Merlin's beard is the food? I haven't had a bite to eat!"

She was too hungry to notice the worried looks all the boys sent her. Although Draco shared the same look of worry, he held amusement as well at the messy state she was in that had to be from 'dramatic' story. Rose was an oddball, he appreciated that about her.

Theo began to open his mouth but was interrupted by Dumbledore's resounding voice from the podium at the front, "Goodevening students! I'm sure your all wondering where your dinner is-"

"I'm starving Dumbles!" Rose shouted, too light headed to realize how silent the entire hall was.

Dumbledore raised his eyebrows at her before continuing, "Yes thank you Miss Black, I shall make quick work of this then! We have a new student joining us, we will do the sorting then continue on with dinner! Pip pip!"

Loud whispers broke out amongst the students, all the boys just shrugging at one another while Rose started to bang her head on the table.

She groaned loudly, "I just want to eat before I fall over"

"Silence!"

Everyone quickly stopped chattering, "Now please give a warm welcome to Mattheo Riddle!"

Rose felt her eyes widen and the immense amount of whispering from before grew in sound as the great doors open-a boy with tight dark curls and a chiseled face walking in beside Mcgongall.

"The dark lord has a son?" Whitman questioned as Mattheo walked through the isle of Gryffindors and Ravenclaws. "Who'd be dumb enough to fuck fucking you-know-who?"

Their group looked curiously at the boy as he sat on the stool, a dead stare across his features as Mcgongall grabbed the sorting hat from Dumbledore. Rose on the other hand couldn't get a view of him from the blurry vision caused by a lack of sleep and food consumed over a fourty eighty hour period.

"Silence! Now!"

A pin could have hit the floor from the silence spreading across the room, all the students not having to guess where Mattheo Riddle would be placed as the hat was put on his head.

Barely a second passed before the hat yelled out, "Slytherin!"

The table full of green began to cheer as usual, but all appeared equally confused as the hat was removed from Mattheo's head.

He stood up with no care at the stares directed at him, beginning to go to the Slytherin table but a seeming as if he planned to exit the great hall. As he started to walk past a certain group, Draco called out to him.