𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐒 & 𝐏𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒

(prepare yourselves, there is 100% a four and the office reference
—i did a smut based off of corrupt
^it's the reason I'm going to hell)

third person pov

' she tells me,
"Worship in the bedroom" '

Midsummers ball at Malfoy manor was an affair in itself. From the outside looking in, one could think this event mere child's play. What with the flowing blacks and whites of the ladies long dresses made of cotton and the men's slacks and button ups. Perhaps what gave away the slight aura of superiority was the way of which they held themselves, or maybe it was how thought out the laughter seemed—could even be the hired help carrying around trays of wine or the fire dancers spread around as the party raged on. But it was of no matter, the young heirs and heiresses took upon the careless rolls quite well, what with how they danced so flamboyantly as their bare toes lightly touched the cooled grass with crowns of flowers upon their heads, the only signs of their movements shown through the flickers of the candles lain in a labyrinths off the sides of all the commotion and a raging fire in the center of it all—standing at fifteen feet high.

Rose was running from one of the labyrinths, drunk after the hours spent outside in the celebration and trying to escape Whitman Rosier as he chased after her, picking up the sides of the white dress to keep from tripping. Just when she thought the escape worked he grasped onto the girls waist and they almost crashed into one of the fire dancers.

"Got you" Whitman breathed out with as he lifted her up, Rose tipping her head back with laughter, reaching to hold the crown of crimsons roses on tightly. 

"Okay! You win!"

"Fourth time winning actually," he teased while setting her back down in the plush soft of the earth, Rose spinning to smile warmly up at him. Whitman's brow seemed to pinch with an all too familiar twist in his gut as he brought a hand up to her cheek, "I'll go get you a water and meet you back at Theo"

"We have to save him from the parents! His father's been holding him hostage since we started running through the labyrinth's!" Rose slurred, pulling his hand toward her lips and pressing a kiss down onto his knuckles, "I'll see if I can make it over to him without being stopped"

"I'll come rescue you if someone stops you" Whitman affirmed.

"Wait.....maybe I shouldn't find him"

"Why's that?"

"He keeps teasing me! Touching me and almost kissing me! All night I tell you!"

Whitman smiled with closed lips, "You'll be fine" he promised before stepping around her. She turned at his exit and began scanning through the girls dancing around the towering fire, finding it nearly impossible to see Theo amongst the people crowded off to sides but he was near—she could feel it.

She moved forward and by the dancing, feeling that tingle in her bones grow and grow until she spotted Theo standing by his father and a few other pompous men carrying cigars. His hallow eyes seemed to scan like a knife as he held onto a glass full of red before landing on Rose who had froze amongst the dancing, flushed cheeks and ruffled hair, her fingers subconsciously touching the blood vial around her neck. His lips twitched and then curled up, shortly after noticing a familiar blonde approaching her back—giving Rose a discreet nod to signal.

"Hello Black" Graham Montague greeted as he settled next to her. Rose raised her brows at Theo and pointed toward her ear, watching as he pretended to pay attention to his father and lifted a finger to his own ear, lips whispering a spell before the faintest string a black smoke floated from the tip of his nail to inside his lobe—nodding after as a sign to her it worked.