Unexpected Family Visit

Raidin's POV:

I felt her body loosen and relax so I looked at her face seeing she did fall asleep. I glance up at her scar reaching my hand to touch it again. None of that would have happened if I kept my mouth shut. I lean in and place a kiss right on the scar. I just let her rest there in my arms and it was amazing. I just look at her face as she sleeps and she is stunningly beautiful. I didn't want this moment to ever end.

I checked the clock we had in the pool area seeing it was close to dinner time. I scoop her up and get to my feet carrying her to her things. Setting her down gently on the seat, I gather my things and dry off as much as I can. Using her towel I wrap her up so it can dry her off on the way up to the top floor to go back to our places.

With her keys in my hand, with her phone and wrap resting on her belly I pick her up once again and head to the elevator doors. I struggled with the button a little but I was able to get it. I stepped on and hit our floor number then leaned on the wall of the elevator. Looking at her sleeping face brought me so much bliss. I rest my head on hers as I rub my thumbs over her soft skin where they were resting, one on her back and the other under her knees. I place a gentle kiss on her forehead where the scar is again.

"I'm sorry and I mean my promise, I'll end the lives of all that hurt you or even touch you that aren't me. I'll protect you from this day on my little Sugarplum."

As we ride up my mind shifts to thinking about when she stopped me from beating that moron Mariano's face. I saw the fear in her eyes watching that take place. If he dares touch her again it's gonna be a bullet between the eyes for him. Even if he doesn't touch her, if I just see his ugly mug I'm killing him.

The chime goes off so I walk off the elevator and go to her apartment. Getting the door unlocked was a little challenging as I didn't want to drop her. When finally open I walk inside placing the keys on the kitchen counter. I nuzzle her head with mine to try and wake her up.

"Bella susina da zucchero, time to wake up."

I hear her groan and slowly wake up yawning and stretching. When she was awake enough I gently put her feet on the floor so she could stand on her own.

"Get cleaned up and come over, I'll get the food ordered. Wear whatever you want, see you in a few, Sugarplum."

I leave her apartment and go over to my own place to get ready. Letting the door close behind me I rush to take a shower just to get the chlorine out. I didn't want to take long, not wanting her to wait on me.

When I leave the bathroom I get my phone and call up a pub I know that delivers, so I can start placing my order. I get a bunch of wings with different flavours as I forgot to ask what flavour she likes to have. They read back the order as I walked to the closest to pick out some clothes.

When it was all confirmed I hung up and grabbed some boxers, gray sweats and a black tank top. Quickly got dressed and walked out to the living room of the apartment. I saw that I had left a lot of my guns out as I was cleaning them. I rush to put it all away so she doesn't see them at all. She's already intimidated by me, I don't need to make it worse. I do not need her to be terrified of me on top of that and runoff.

When all cleaned up I get a wide variety of spirits, vodkas and beer out so she can have her pick. I get everything down from the cabinets and place them on the island. I stop for a moment, needing to remember something.

"Is she even old enough to drink? She's a bartender so I guess she's had a few drinks before."

I try to remember the age difference between us. I just shake it off and get to work getting more down.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a knock at my door. I went over to open it with a charming smile, happy she came over. As I open the door I drop the smile seeing my brother standing outside my door and not her. He just walks in with a smile and without saying a single word to me. I didn't even know how he found this place, it was meant to be my haven away from them.

"Quinzio what are you doing here?" I grab his shoulder making him look at me.

"Can't I just drop by and say hi to my big brother once and a while?" I spot his eyes moving to the island looking at the drinks I have out. "Oh you're having a party I see, come on let's get started." He tried to walk over to the kitchen but I stopped him.

I spin him to be facing the door and start pushing his sorry ass to the door. "No you are not staying here, now get out, I have plans."

"Oh, does Big Bro have a date tonight?" I can hear just how cocky he is right now.

I was about to speak when a gentle knock happened at the door. Quin slowly turned his head and looked at me before he gave me this sick grin. He soon runs for the door and swings it open very aggressively. I groan that he's being like this like with every girl I was with. But he was not getting her, even if it's the last thing I do and I have to kill my own brother.