Unmarked package

1 full year after she moved in:

I luckily had work off so I went to get some hair dye just to touch up my hair. I just got my hair cut as my hair had grown out so much over the year and my roots were starting to show too. When I stepped off the elevator I heard a door close. I think it's Damien coming home but I knew he had a date and wouldn't get back till late.

I look down the hall to R.S.'s apartment, 'Could he be home right now?'

I shrug my shoulders as I don't want to disturb him and walk to my place, I place my things down and get my shoes off. Taking it all to the bathroom I start bleaching my hair, I play some music as I let the bleach sit and I begin to bake some brownies and cookies while I wait.

I got everything mixed for the cookies and brownies batter so I got them on a tray and in a pan. I would check how the bleach was doing every few minutes to make sure I don't leave it in too long. I set them into the ovens and I set the timer. My mouth was watering just thinking about biting into the brownies and cookies.

"Whoever was the baker in the family, I love you."

I head to the bathroom and start to wash my hair to get the bleach out. I sing and dance in the shower as the bleach washes out and down the drain. When I get out I blow dry my hair so I can add the dye next going with a cool nightshade purple.

I walk back out in a baggy t-shirt that looks like it's covered in graffiti and some booty shorts. I sit in the living room watching a movie with a bowl of popcorn in my lap as I let everything set. I chuckle at the funny parts and swoon as they show the main male lead in nothing but a towel.

"OOOOH, girl if you don't fuck him I will. Damn that 6 pack is hot as fuck. Come on, take off that towel, take it off, take it off... fucking tease." I laugh at myself as I hear the oven go off.

Going over I open the oven door taking the cookies out seeing they are perfectly golden. I smell them as I feel my mouth drool for them. I checked the brownies and they needed a few more minutes. I take the cookies off and place them on a cooling rack. My arm grazed the hot cookie tray and I screamed out and rushed to put my arm under some cold water.

"Fuck that was a dumb move, Sylvia, crap that hurts."

I leave it under the running water for a while hoping it won't leave a mark. When that is done, I go to the freezer and grab an ice cube, placing that on the spot. I just hope I don't get a bad burn on my arm.

After the cookies cool down I put some in a cute bag and get some slippers on. I opened my door ready to go downstairs and when I looked up, I saw R.S. closing his door. I just caught a glimpse of his shoulder, I went back inside and made a plate of cookies. I wrap them up with a note before leaving my place again. I walk over to his door and place the plate next to the door on the little table.

'Please don't open the door, please don't be close to the door,' I think to myself.

I knock on the door and rush to the elevator, pressing the button. The doors opened and I got in and started pressing the close door button. As the elevator doors close I hear his door open then the sound of rushing footsteps. The doors fully close and I head down to the lobby with the baggy of cookies. I tap my foot to the song playing as I make it there seeing Jamie at the front desk. I give him a big smile and pass the bag of cookies to him.

"Ignore my hair, these are just to say thanks for everything you've done man."

"Thank you so much Sylv's that's so kind of you. I'll enjoy them on my break, don't want the boss catching me," He chuckles.

"You're welcome and later man, see you around," I wave goodbye.

I check our mail and see I got a package. I grab mine and Damien's mail and head to the elevator going back up. I look at the box confused as I don't remember ordering anything online. I get my phone and call Damien as I reach the floor.

"Hey Damien, did you order anything with my name?" I start walking to our door.

"No, why do you ask?"

"I got a small box with my name and no return address."

"DROP IT AND GET INSIDE THE APARTMENT NOW!!" He shouts.