One too many | Florence Pugh | First meeting

author's note: keep in mind, I have no idea how an afterparty works or how the layout looks for one, so hopefully it isn't too poorly written. Also, the outfit I'm referring to in the story is from this picture above. Hope you like it <3

warnings: one time mention of rape.

You excused yourself from the company surrounding you as you made your way across the floor to one of the bars in the corners of the room

The bar was wide and filled with thirsty residents. There were two bartenders behind the counter, making swift work as the orders kept tumbling in.

You took a seat at one of the barstools and inspected the menu. The loud noise and the two drinks already in your stomach made it hard to focus on the board long enough to select an item however, and you mentally cursed yourself as you placed your arms over the counter and dropped your head to rest on them.

The Golden Globes afterparty always delivered, and you were over the moon to experience it, but you couldn't help but sulk whenever you were left alone, your most recent breakup playing on repeat every chance it got.

"Hollywood's 'it' couple separating after cheating rumors. Everything you need to know about the separation between (y/n) (y/l/n) and Reneé Rapp."

The articles were never ending but that was something you were used to. The fact that the worst night of your life was painted as cheating, was the thing that broke you. It was rape. But you couldn't defend yourself and say that because you were nowhere near ready to talk about it yet.

Truth was, your relationship with Reneé was faltering even before the event. Luckily, you ended on good terms, but Reneé hated the fact that she broke up with you when you needed her the most, unbeknownst to her as you never told her what happened until the rumors started, but you needed her nonetheless.

You must have sulked for a good few minutes before deciding it was time to pull yourself together. You looked back up at the menu, trying to read it over once again.

"I recommend a vodka martini, with a twist." A dark and raspy voice spoke beside you.

You turned your head to the voice only to be met with award winning actress; Florence Pugh. She was wearing a salmon colored dress that draped her figure perfectly. It was slightly see-through and showing of the best of her assets.

You gave Florence a genuine smile as you met her gaze, and her hand instantly landed between the two of you as she presented herself. "I'm Florence Pugh. It's such an honor to meet you, I'm such a big fan." She fanned as you reached out to shake her awaiting hand.

"(y/n) (y/l/n), it's nice to meet you too. I've heard a great deal about you Miss Pugh." You mused as you retracted your hand. "A vodka martini you say?"

"It's my go-to." Florence stated as her now free hand started fumbling with the rings on the other. "Up for a try?" She asked, challenging you by raising one of her prominent eyebrows. "It might be a little strong."