Everything Kate loves (and hates) about Yelena

Kate loves how good Yelena is at fighting. She admires everything she does in the filed. From her knowledge about everything she throws herself into, to her fighting techniques that can bring anyone to their knees. Yelena has tried to teach Kate some of her stunts multiple times, but no matter how hard she practices, she can't seem to get the hang of them. Kate knows it'll probably take years of practice, which makes her admire Yelena's patience even more. It took her years to become the skilled fighter that she is today, and Kate would always be proud when Yelena used that ability for good.

Kate hates how much Yelena loves Mac and cheese. She found it quite cute in the beginning, but now she's grown tired of it. Whenever Yelena is in charge of dinner she'll make the infamous dish. One time Kate was forced to eat Mac and cheese for five days in a row. Now when she thinks about the dish she feel the urge to throw up. Safe to say, Kate makes an effort to be the one who makes dinner every night.

Kate loves to hear Yelena sing. Her voice is gracious and elegant even though it's far from perfect. Yelena's accent and raspy voice makes it impossible for Kate not to be entranced with every word and melody Yelena utters. Kate would walk around and sing the majority of the time, but, it took Yelena several years and a lot of trust to finally be comfortable enough to sing in front of Kate. But Kate can't argue, it was definitely worth the wait.

Kate hates how undermining Yelena can be. It happens mostly in their field of work. Yelena will make a snarky comment or talk down to her girlfriend because of the fact that she's not equally as gifted as her or the others. It will make Kate feel like shit, likes she not enough. Kate knows Yelena only wants to protect her, and she gets agitated whenever Kate's needed on a mission, because she can't bare to lose her. But Kate really hates how those small comments will impact her, even after Yelena apologizes every time.

Kate loves how Yelena sleeps. How her face is all smushed into Kate's chest or the pillow. The soft snores that leaves Yelena's mouth, or the concentrating face she make whenever she dreams of something out of this world. Kate loves how hard Yelena will cling onto her when she's deep in her slumber, Yelena's consciousness making sure to protect her girlfriend no matter what. Kate loves to watch how relaxed her girlfriend looks whenever she's sleeping, not having to carry the weight of everything she's been through on her shoulders for a few hours.

Kate hates how Yelena bottles up her emotions. When she bottles them up, they're bound to spill at some point, and they always spill over Kate. Yelena takes all of her emotions out on her girlfriend--good and bad--and it's not healthy for her or Kate. And Kate absolutely hates how it makes her feel. But she doesn't want to argue back, so she just takes it, until the next day when Yelena gets a lecture not only from Kate but from Natasha as well. Kate knows Yelena doesn't mean to spill everything onto her, but she still hates that it happens.

Kate loves how childish Yelena can be, that she can be just as childish and goofy as Kate. She loves how even if it's something minor, Yelena always apologizes for her actions and tries her best to change them. She loves how cuddly Yelena is, and that whenever they're alone, Yelena always wants some part of their bodies touching. She loves how strong and confident Yelena can be and the next day be the exact opposite. She loves the notes Yelena leaves her whenever she takes the dogs for a walk and Kate's still sleeping. She loves how Yelena will do anything it takes and put in all the work for their relationship, because she truly adores and loves Kate with her whole heart.

Kate loves Yelena, plain and simple.